[Tutorial] How to request a scripter for your server.

How to request a scripter for your server

Introduction

Over and over again I see threads passing by with titles looking something like "HELP I NED SCRIPTOR".
If people would even bother to open those threads, they would probably find something like this:

Quote:

Hi i need scriptor for my sserver.
It is rp server and scriptor wil got admin rank.
pm for mor info or msg me on skupe: randomskypename@randomskypename.com
I am becoming annoyed by all those threads like this, so I'm giving some tips for if you would ever want to hire a scripter for your server.
Next time that you are requesting a scripter, please keep the tips I am going to give now in mind to make your thread look more professional and to make people less annoyed.

Some information you should know before you start

Scripting/coding is a job, and 99% of the scripters want something in return for making you a gamemode.
With something I don't mean a high admin rank on your server or something like that, but money.
If you are not capable of making a gamemode yourself you should either put effort in learning PAWN yourself, or pay someone to do it for you.
Ofcourse, Person A asks $20, while person B asks $150, and this will probably all depend on what they have to offer.
What if you compare coding with a job in a Burger King?
People get payed $5 per hour for making hamburgers.
Surely people should get payed for making you a gamemode?

What information to include

If you are going to hire someone you want to make the thread look serious.
With serious I don't mean boring, but it must give people the thought that you are actually meaning it.
If your thread would look like I showed above people will think "It's just another kid trying to get something.".

You should always provide enough information, and write your thread in your best English.
Make sure to provide the gamemode type, for example Role-Play, Zombie, Deathmatch, etc..
You should also provide a list of smaller but things you specifically want to give the people an idea of what you are aiming at.
By only telling them "I want rp server in Los Santos" you would probably see comments like "Download a gamemode, there are tons of gamemodes in Los Santos."
See it as an order at a company, you would want to give as much information to make sure the result is what you want.
For example, if you specifically want a garage for your race server, where you can store your vehicles with a "Grand Turismo" kind of camera you should include that in your post.
My whole point is, be specific.
Give people a clear idea of what you are looking for to get the best result and also the best responses.
Cessil also made a wonderfull place where you can post to hire people for your server.
You can find the post here.

Example Thread I just made
Quote:

Hello, my name is Peter.

I am looking to hire a scripter for my Team Deathmatch/Swat community.
The idea of the server is pretty simple,
Two teams (Criminals and Swat).
The criminals are trying to smuggle drugs from one side to the other side of the map, like a one-sided capture the flag.
The swat team would try to stop the criminals from doing this.
A round would take around 10-15 minutes, after that the players change team.
Every smuggled bag of drugs would give the team one point.
People will be able to upgrade weapons with their own personal points, which are made by killing the enemy.

I am only in need of a script, because I can make the maps myself.
I do own a SQL server, so if that could be used it would be appreciated, as it would make it possible to do custom signatures and things like that.
I have a budget from around $60, but I guess we could work out the price and details by mail, skype or Pm.

If you need more information just ask me, since I am not a scripter I do not know if I forgot something that is required to know.

Greets, Peter

I hope this tutorial will help you to actually get a scripter for your server, instead of hearing people complain on your threads all the time.

Milan

Impressive post.

And this...
https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=345747

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genuine
View Post
Impressive post.
Thank you,

Had nothing to do and saw yet another of those threads and decided to write something about it to hopefully stop the endless amount of "I need scriptor" threads.
I'm sure it will be helpful for people that are actually looking to hire someone.

Milan

@ newbienoob

True, will include that in my post, but that doesn't take away the fact that people are placing threads without any effort.