Portable Air Conditioners

Alright, its summer now and my bedroom is hot as ass and I need to get a air conditioner for it. I don't want to bother with fans anymore because all they do is blow the hot air back at me.

Here are some of the problems that I have thought of:

1. My bedroom is on a second floor
2. I have a window that horizontally slides and a regular vertically sliding window that my bed is under.
3. I can't use AC that uses pipes to take away heat because my bed is under my window.
4. I don't know about those "ventless" AC, because I heard that I blows the hot air right back into the room and makes it humid.
5. If I were to get a Window AC, it would need to be VERY quiet, because my bed is right under it lol.

I heard this was very quiet: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...SIN=B003F4W7PE

I'm looking to spend under $300 for this. Can anyone help me with this dilemma? Thanks.

I sleep with an air conditioner right on my bed. I can't sleep without it, too quiet.

I only spent $70 on mine, new. My room is small so it works fine. Make sure not to leave it on full blast or it'll make a horrendous sound.