Trying to develop a realistic economic system for roleplay

Sorry, but to imitate REALISTIC economy, you have to be online 24/7 and there have to be population of 1million... And there is blenty other factors that makes this impossible, trust me on that. Sorry to disapoint you, but this is not possible, you only have to simulate realistic economy as good as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ainseri
Посмотреть сообщение
Hey,
[...]

As of current, all roleplay gamemodes that I have seen just inject money into the world from nowhere at random times, and it disappears into thin air at other places.

It'd be so much more interesting and dynamic if when someone was getting rich, it meant that someone somewhere else was losing money. All money comes from somewhere and goes somewhere. A true, natural and (hopefully) self-sustaining economy is born. Stocks, inflation, and other natural elements to the economy would provide players with many roleplay opportunities based around finance.

[...]

However, I'm wondering how to plan out this system. What considerations to be taken into account, feature ideas and potential problems do you see?
There is a roleplay server with such kind of economy. Where stuff does not come from nowhere, and does not go anywhere. It just hasn't been released yet, it's a 3 years work script.

Here you got a few examples :

- Fuel is extracted from fuel sources, transported to gas stations by players, and then bought by customers.
- Vehicles are made out of car parts, once again transported to the car factories by players.
- Items are crafted in factories out of raw material obtained by either Farmers, Miners, or whatever, depending on the type of the item (Food, electronics ..). They are either crafted industrially or manually (By players), each item has it's own recipe (Quantities of each raw material), the raw material is transported by players to factories, as well as final products are transported to stores by them.

And obviously, jobs are obtained when getting employed by player-owned companies.

This creates a real flow of items and money, a real economy, and jobs with an actual usefulness.

Now the thing is, such realistic economies should be extremely well thought in order to work properly, wich is certainly the reason why every single roleplay server in SA:MP sticks up to the standard economy solution : Stuff coming from nowhere.

Anyways, I wish you the best with your project.

__________________________________________________ _______________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddnbb
Посмотреть сообщение
Sorry, but to imitate REALISTIC economy, you have to be online 24/7 and there have to be population of 1million... And there is blenty other factors that makes this impossible, trust me on that.
No need of huge population, no need of being online 24/7, you just need a good structure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddnbb
Посмотреть сообщение
you only have to simulate realistic economy as good as possible.
That's the only thing you can do in a game really, try and do the best you can, but it'll never be perfect.

That sounds great, but the economy wont be the same as real life, no matter how close the system is with in real life. The population makes the economy, the amount of people doing what, and where, matters. What defines different prices of everything, is people and demand.

It's hard to get started too unless you get 50-100 players straight away, if the economy is that complicated. Anyway it sounds unique and awesome script, but all i have to say is that mostly its all imitating in real life. Besides, its just a game where people are having fun, not living a life in a virtual world and deliver that boring gas just to make "living". Peace.

Well it isnt that old of an topic.. BUMP!

I was thinking, something that might work.. Ill keep it simple with small numbers, cause it can get confusing very quick if you use larger numbers..

So you got 10 players ingame on average, but the city needs 1000 (Small numbers!!)
You got a percentage of the city actually playing (Will be more to 0.005% in the real world scenario) in this case 1% so if you can simulate the other 99% being "alive" and spending money

Take the average of a player eating, sleeping, buying cars and simulate the other 99% doing that with small changes.
The average money spent on a meal is 50$ so you'll let the other 99% of the population pay around 40 ~ 60$ for a meal.

You can add in the unemployment issue for new players, the other 99% has a percentage of unemployed citizens that would be in balance to the actual players being unemployed who also need money from the government but still spend it.
With another pattern but you could work that in.

The government would get taxes from both the 'NPC' 99% and the living 1% giving you loads of money as government.
The government has to pay an amount of money to defence, education, charity(shit like 3rth world country's)

You could even add in a system where you start out having no bridges or large buildings and you get players to work there, moving stuff and bit for bit the bridge would be build up. This would create jobs as construction worker for the players, take money away from the government (Cause they ordered it) and makes it less expensive for someone to drive to work cause they now have a fully functional bridge.

Excuse me if I dont make any sense, but I cant be bothered to proof-read all this in the current heat

How can you have inflation, or any money in the economy at all for that matter, if none is ever injected?

You have to make sure that the public system gets money. But also pay money back to the players.
When players get their pay cheque, they pay taxes. Those money goes to the public. Make sure that those money don't all stay there. Pay them back like welfare etc.
Also it would be a good idea making each job like a firm/company, which has an amount of money that goes to employees, materials etc. and is earned by the players working for the company. Then make those companies pay company taxes, which goess to the public.
Those were jusst the most important parts, but of course it has to be planned very accurate and in some ways sufisticated.