[Tool/Web/Other] S.W.A.T webpage design

Hello dear sa-mp forum.
Like alot of you already noticed, we had a small problem with a "swat" design.
Now, i am here to release the template.
This template consist's on a simple design and a clean code, with a dynamic server stats(Thanks to westie) and a basic "Lastest news" system(a simple CMS system | a complete will cost money), which is controlled by PhpMyAdmin and works with the id's.
The background image, can be used on this design, i have contacted Eletronic Arts to have the permission.
And other images have been found on ******(less the navbar, top and "content" image).
Below, we have a small screenshot of the template.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
You can download this template via direct link.
And please, do not offer external mirrors, since i do not support external mirrors.

Enjoy the website design.
ps: I have provided a .psd image for the header image.

I'm sorry but this is a really, really bad example of a template.

1. You use echo to print out all your HTML with PHP? Why? You're giving the server-side work that isn't really meant to be done by the server.
2. Seperate content from style!!
3. Template provides absolutely no support for modular scripting, if someone wanted to make a new page with this template he's had to copy the entire page.

It's a nice template, but knowing the syntax doesn't make you a good developer if you don't follow atleast some of the conventions. Frankly if you were working for a company that makes websites and you show them this you'd be fired in a heartbeat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinner
View Post
I'm sorry but this is a really, really bad example of a template.

1. You use echo to print out all your HTML with PHP? Why? You're giving the server-side work that isn't really meant to be done by the server.
2. Seperate content from style!!
3. Template provides absolutely no support for modular scripting, if someone wanted to make a new page with this template he's had to copy the entire page.

It's a nice template, but knowing the syntax doesn't make you a good developer if you don't follow atleast some of the conventions. Frankly if you were working for a company that makes websites and you show them this you'd be fired in a heartbeat.
Answer for the first question.
Since the moment the website is using server side code(query api, and the "news" system) i've used echo, since for me, is a big mistake to be doing all the time:
Code:
<html>
<head>
<title> bla bla bla</title>
</head>
<body><?php echo $somearray; ?>
/body>
</html>
second:
There is 2 type of people:
1 -> create a separated stylesheet file;
2 -> create the style on the main file.

Third, take a look @ latest news container, he just need to remove the mysql script from it.

Edit: Just created a separated stylesheet for the design, download file updated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by next-studio|TheKiller
View Post
Answer for the first question.
Since the moment the website is using server side code(query api, and the "news" system) i've used echo, since for me, is a big mistake to be doing all the time:
Code:
<html>
<head>
<title> bla bla bla</title>
</head>
<body><?php echo $somearray; ?>
/body>
</html>
second:

Third, take a look @ latest news container, he just need to remove the mysql script from it.

Edit: Just created a separated stylesheet for the design, download file updated.
You're completely ignoring all the coding convention. You don't echo your entire page in PHP because it is (a) giving the server-side more unneeded work and (b) decreases the readability of your code! Ofcourse it may work but it is absolutely not-done.

Quote:

And only 1 of those 2 types of people will get a job. There are a few exception (mailings) but as far as websites go you ALWAYS seperate content from style, for a ton of reasons.

@Sinner, thanks for the tips.

I have updated the website(with your tips)
And the download link was again updated, and the live preview too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by next-studio|TheKiller
View Post
Hello dear sa-mp forum.
Like alot of you already noticed, we had a small problem with a "swat" design.
Now, i am here to release the template.
This template consist's on a simple design and a clean code, with a dynamic server stats(Thanks to westie) and a basic "Lastest news" system(a simple CMS system | a complete will cost money), which is controlled by PhpMyAdmin and works with the id's.
The background image, can be used on this design, i have contacted Eletronic Arts to have the permission.
And other images have been found on ******(less the navbar, top and "content" image).
Below, we have a small screenshot of the template.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
You can download this template via direct link.
And please, do not offer external mirrors, since i do not support external mirrors.

Enjoy the website design.
ps: I have provided a .psd image for the header image.
uhhhhh isn`t this same as my ??

@Sanady, i have scripted it, so i have the full permission of releasing it.