Sound unlimited

Quote:
Originally Posted by hansen111
As i wrote before i think a major feature should be the cleint should be able to play all the sounds from single player by accessing all the sound banks that came with the game, that has already been coded as open source which you can use
One Step Ahead of you, i have SAAT and trying to figure the program out to add in the Original SA sounds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hansen111
I outlined some natives in the plugin i thought that would be good, there was some corrections on them a few replys later, you want to check that out too:
Sadly, i do not know C++ so i will find a Open Source plugin and start learning.

As Far As ******' post, ill read that and see if i cant make this full blown. Is it cool that i call it ScriptPlayer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJLOBO
Im a litle noob ,but i have one question

you cant make in

onplayerconnect

loading the stuff automaticly ?

or making when the player connect if he dont type it he cant spawn
i dont know just a few ideias

Good work btw ,i think you make the more difficult now its dont stop :P
The problem lies in detecting who has the program, is it running etc. we cant detect that through Server Side Code. Let me get busy and see what i can do to make this what it should really be.

im just not sure how to detect the Server IP and Playerid once they are playing Serverside.

Client is in VB6 so im not sure how limited i am..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pghpunkid
im just not sure how to detect the Server IP and Playerid once they are playing Serverside.

Client is in VB6 so im not sure how limited i am..
The link from y-less tell you how to do that, however its c++ as most things are, including SAAT and the server plugin itself. Yeah call the program what you want, its your code..

Well i got past the manual syncing. you supply it your ingame name, and when you join, it syncs it all up.

Are any of the sounds on your mod being sent/streamed from the server or are they all on your computer already?

The ones i am using are on my computer, but you can supply a URL to an online file and play it like that. It has a slight delay though.

Quote:
The ones i am using are on my computer, but you can supply a URL to an online file and play it like that. It has a slight delay though.
That's why it's suggested to do it trough the directory and then share with the people that are playing in your server.

Pghpunkid: How about making a site with all the downloadable sounds? (list with 'Download' options)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlip
Quote:
That's why it's suggested to do it trough the directory and then share with the people that are playing in your server.

Pghpunkid: How about making a site with all the downloadable sounds? (list with 'Download' options)
Or even just stream them from the server.

Quote:
Quote:

1. Because the whole point of this is to be unique, not use 10 of the same sounds across 2000 servers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeNkStAX
Quote:
Quote:

What do you mean stream them from the server?

Let me clarify something here...This isnt a plugin!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

1. Because the whole point of this is to be unique, not use 10 of the same sounds across 2000 servers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeNkStAX
Quote:
Quote:

What do you mean stream them from the server?

Let me clarify something here...This isnt a plugin!
The whole point of Sound Unlimited was to let the server send/stream files to a client, Not for the client to play files off the local hard drive.

Send project to someone else ho know C++

Well, Im still kinda playing with it, but dont have any servers. if someone would like to help, just PM me.

Omg,I ask you,do you need a host

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luka™
Omg,I ask you,do you need a host
Yes.

Ok,I will buy host tommorow and say you login details via PM

i appreciate your help.

Quote:
i appreciate your help.
No problem,send me your MSN via PM please

If you need some C++ help, I know a little.
(Spent a few years messing with it, I only really got into C++ within the past 2-3 years. On top of that around 9-10 years modding using many languages)

I'm currently working on a Client-Server based project, so I can do SOME networking if that is what's needed.

I also have created .dll(s) for Windows, and .so(s) for Linux for cross-compatible applications and plugins. I could probably test them both, since I currently run Dual Boot with Vista(32bit) and Linux(64bit).
If needed, I have another PC for XP(32bit) testing. I also have a few friends with hosting companies, they could probably provide a test server if needed.

PM me if you want me to help,
thanks,

Matrix

Windows finally works again. Code is Cross Compatible as well.

EDIT: Need to test Linux servers, Non-Dedicated ones preferably, because of the port issues. If you still want to help PM again.

So far it will load successfully on CentOS. I have not been able to test connection fully yet.

Quote:
Windows finally works again. Code is Cross Compatible as well.

EDIT: Need to test Linux servers, Non-Dedicated ones preferably, because of the port issues. If you still want to help PM again.

So far it will load successfully on CentOS. I have not been able to test connection fully yet.
YAY Don't GIVE UP PUNK!!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!! Glad to here you are still trying to get it going can't wait to see this baby in action, I loved the video, and can't wait to have custom zombie sounds hehe.