[GameMode] Hellfire Freeroam (Southclaw's Free For All)

Hellfire Freeroam
(Formerly: Southclaw's Free For All)
Hellfire is a server combining as many fun activities into one place!

Deathmatches
Intense firefights between two teams, customisable loadouts earn points and level up.
Many different maps to choose from with 4 different gamemodes to play.
Races
Challenge other players to fast paced sprints across San Andreas for rewards.
You can find checkpoints around the map to start races. You can race other players or do a timetrial.
Minigames
Activities you can join where players can either work together to reach a goal or compete to win.
Some of these you can just play on your own such as time trials.
Challenges
Events started by admins that give all players a global objective to complete.
These objectives can include killing another player, retrieving an item, or working together.
Introduction
I never thought this day would come! It's like the end of an era, kinda sad

But anyway! I am working on a new project and I don't run this server any more, so why would I want all my hard work to go to waste?

Here's some words about why I'm releasing it.
TL; DR? Basically, I just want my work to go to use by open-sourcing it rather than just keeping it.

Hellfire started as a simple freeroam script, some stunts here and there, a deathmatch arena, race teleports. It was like every other freeroam server because that's what I wanted, but I got bored... I added a bunch of stuff then ended up spending too long working on the deathmatching part of the script, then I got bored again and stopped working on it.

I had a sudden spark of development lust in the summer of 2012, with some help from a lot of awesome people (that I will credit!) I got a load of interesting things made and put the server into Beta phase (gameplay mechanics done, content being added and tweaked) I got it hosted on Empire Bay because they are super awesome!
The Interesting Stuff

This gamemode contains 4 things:
  • Races
  • Deathmatch
  • Minigames
  • Challenges
  • Freeroam Features
All of which are painstakingly perfected for player enjoyment!
Deathmatches
Deathmatching has always been something I enjoy, this system is based a lot on class-based first person shooter games, maps and gamemodes with unique abilities for each class.

There are 4 gamemodes:
  1. Team Deathmatch
  2. Attack/Defend
  3. Capture the Flag
  4. Conquest
All pretty popular gamemodes that the majority of shooter players should know, so I won't go into them.

There are 24 maps in total, made by various people, who are all credited in the spawn-wait screen.

Unfortunately, I never finished the abilities for the classes.
Races
Races are burnout style, located around the map and accessible by entering the checkpoint. There are 10 finish points around the map and each race will use one of these finish points.

The finish points are located on this map:

(Click for a larger view)

Each race has a leaderboard table too, and the top 10 can be found in the race information button, which also shows the player where the race ends.

Minigames
Minigames are separated from the main freeroam world, they are started when a player joins and end when there are no players in them.
  1. Parkour (Multiple players, Leaderboard, Reward for landing in top 3)
    Get from the start to the finish as fast as possible! Leaderboard for each map.
  2. Don't Get Wet (Multiple players, Reward for last man standing)
    Don't fall out of the arena, two types: #1 ground disappears randomly, #2 players shoot the ground.
  3. Sumo (Multiple players)
    Try not to fall off the arena and push others off! Least falls wins!
  4. Derby (Multiple players)
    Smash the other player's cars, least deaths wins!
  5. Precision Driving (One player at a time, Leaderboard, Reward for landing in top 3)
    Take turns driving from start to finish as fast as possible with as little damage to the car as possible.
  6. Gun-Game/Gun-Rush/Gun-Master (Multiple players, Match based, Reward for first, second and third place)
    The classic Counter Strike accumulative weapon deathmatch. Get weapon upgrade when you kill someone.
  7. Item Collection (Multiple players, Leaderboard, Reward for landing in top 3)
    Collect all the items in an area as fast as possible, find the best sequence on the map to do it fastest.
  8. HALO (High-Altitude Low-Open) 'Chuting (Multiple players, No leaderboard system scripted)
    Parachute from a plane to the airfield as fast as possible, this means opening your parachute as low as possible.
Challenges
I had more plans for challenges but never bothered.

There are only two challenges at the moment, they are pretty similar.
  1. Marked Man
    One player is marked, sort of like a bounty, everyone must kill him. If he kills the hunters then he will get money but only if he wins by evading the hunters for 5 minutes. If a hunter kills him, they will reap the rewards and he will win nothing.
  2. Juggernaut
    Very similar to above, except the Juggernaut is to be feared! He has armour and a minigun, if a player kills him, they will be rewarded.
Freeroam
In freeroam mode, there are all sorts of other things to do. An admin can start/stop a freeroam deathmatch by typing /ffa. (Fact: developing this was the spark that started off the Scavenge and Survive server!)

There are stunt areas, fun commands like /boost or /jump, an endless /road to drive as fast as you want to on, if an admin allows it, weapons can be spawned either for combat, roleplay or making a video.
Download, installation and updates

The gamemode can be found on my GitHub account here:

https://github.com/Southclaw/samp-Hellfire
(Fork it if you want!)

Installation is simple, all the files are already structured in a "server-ready" format, all it needs is the SA:MP server package and you're ready to go!

Regarding updates, I may update it every now and then but only for things I really feel that other developers won't understand or fix.

WARNING: This gamemode is quite complex and there are still some bugs.

I probably won't offer any support for big problems people have in this thread.
If you can't fix them, don't bother using it. And please don't PM me about it!

Credits

Thanks to everyone who helped test the gamemode, and provide hosting, and help me script things, and design the environments!

Development and Special Thanks:
Onfire559/Rimmer - Started the server with me, designed a lot of the maps/levels had huge input to the project and it probably wouldn't be here without him!

Cagatay - Been playing and contributing to the server for a long time! Helped with maps, scripts, ideas, etc!

Defiance - Lots of level design for deathmatches and environment design for the world, idea sharing and lots of minigunning cheaters and general motorbike driving.

Patrik356b - Lots of idea sharing, some environments and scripts, productive development on the minigames.
Alpha and Beta Testing:
Cagatay
Defiance
Patrik356b
Rudy
LittleHelper
Fusez/RedFusion
Lexi
S0nic
KikaRz
Han
WeAreHuman
Kevin
Kenneth_Robinson
Tezzas17
The8Brother
Sweboy
Delight
Thank you to everyone who helped, it's a big list and if I missed anyone let me know and I will add you as soon as possible!

Good

Awesome man Thanks

That's perfect. Congratulations on your efforts.

Note - Nice work.

#March

cool buddy nice work

I like the minigame & racing parts alot in this!
What most people don't realize is that this script is on another level
than most other stuff around here

Holy.... Awesome job.

Excellent work [HLF]Southclaw. Amazing features!

I just have one problem. I don't know which files to use.

very nice

First of all, amazing work man!
Secondly, after found all the needed includes, I can't compile it - pawno says: "pawn compiler library stopped working" :/
Can you share the includes you used too?
Thanks!