Mauzen.net personal Linkcounter/Linkshrinker now for public use

Some time ago I thought about creating an automatic linkcounter to count how often a link has been clicked. I needed it just for some special things, but later I decided to make it available for everyone. I also added link shrinking functionality, and the ability to render the counted clicks as image.
Of course my mauzen.net domain already is longer than shrinked links by other services, but the 150-line-long php script offers some possibilities that make it more handy for me than most other shrinkers:
  • Direct forwarding: No ads, no waiting time, just direct forwarding to the link. This also allows to directly link images or downloads, to get a view or download counter.
  • No link setup: Just use the link, theres absolutely no registration.
  • Detailed, but simple and parseable statistics: Getting the link statistics also is just a simple link. It records first use, last use and a counter (normally for each referer, but this doesnt work atm). Available as simple plaintext, so you could even parse it to show a counter on your own website.
Use is simple:
mauzen.net/h.php?u=ANY_LINK to create statistics and forward to the link.
mauzen.net/h.php?i=YOUR_LINK to get an image showing the total number of uses of the link.
mauzen.net/h.php?stats=YOUR_LINK to get the statistics for the link. Note that this is available to anyone.
mauzen.net/h.php?s=SHORT_LINK the same as the first one, the shrinked link is shown on the statistics page
mauzen.net/h.php?o=IMAGE_LINK directly links to the image with a view counter overlay.

Example:
mauzen.net/h.php?u=mauzen.net/h.php
mauzen.net/h.php?s=Mw==
mauzen.net/h.php?stats=mauzen.net/h.php

Feel free to use it as you need. As said I just made this for myself at first, but maybe some of you can make some use of it too. Also feel free to give suggestions as you like.

Nice feature, i like the ideas and sharing with us. Keep it up

Nice job!

Nice but i like it more where you can add on the footer of your website a button with numbers..

Its not really meant to be a visitor counter, though it would be possible by e.g. linking to your website banner, and replacing the banner with the counter link, the banner would still look the same, as all the link does is putting some php code between the website and the image, just like youd do with a selfmade visitor counter. Then you could use the counter image as visitor counter

Its great, nice job.

mauzen.net/h.php?o=IMAGE_LINK

now allows linking to an image with an overlay counter

sounds cool. I remember some web application that allowed for any users site to do this, but i cant remember the name. i messed with it once, but it stunk because my domain was not tiny.

Looks nice! keep up the good work!