steam.exe won't load

Okay.
So today I downloaded San Andreas Multiplayer. I made San Andreas Multiplayer target "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Grand Theft Auto San Andreas\samp.exe", and I made it start in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Grand Theft Auto San Andreas". I ran samp.exe like a million times. Then I tried running samp_debug, and samp_debug works. I think It's a problem with the directory location.

Anyone want help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA-MP Website
The Steam and Direct2Drive versions of GTA:SA are not currently supported and cannot be downgraded.
Hope I helped.

Found this on how to downgrade the steam version of GTA.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=1952458

Indeed, for your information: The Steam version is considered 3.0, whereas the version you need for SA:MP is 1.0. Just follow the link above and you'll be fine.
Also, double-check your directories.

I did indeed see that it was not made to run with steam. I did at once point play SAMP with GTA_SA.exe but for some reason it crashes when I run it for GTA_SA.exe on the disk, so I tried steam. So far I'm getting a success. And, thank you for the link on how to downgrade the steam version, I'll be trying it now. And, thanks for the information.

For some reason the downgrader did not work. Checking my directories now.

Forget it, I'll just wait till I get a new computer.