Creating a LAN server with custom maps?

I am completely new to this, the only reason I made this account was to make this thread. What I'm asking is how do I start up my own LAN server with custom maps that I've downloaded, and how do I install those maps. I've already downloaded some multiplayer maps that are already in .map form, but I have no clue what to do with them. What do I do with the .map files, and how do I start a LAN server with those maps? Thanks for all the help.

.Map form isn't the form that SAMP uses.

Hmm, to start your own LAN server, you need to have static IP. If it's dynamic, you are the only one who can join the server.
About the custom maps which you want to add in your script, check this tutorial it could help you :https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=282140

Good luck with the scripting and adding maps

Darn, just checked and I have a dynamic IP. Well, scratch that idea then, thanks for the help anyways guys.

EDIT: Wait, could I play LAN with Multi Theft Auto even though I have a dynamic IP?

Set lanmode to 1 in server.cfg...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironmaiden01
Посмотреть сообщение
Darn, just checked and I have a dynamic IP. Well, scratch that idea then, thanks for the help anyways guys.

EDIT: Wait, could I play LAN with Multi Theft Auto even though I have a dynamic IP?
It doesn't matter that you have a dynamic IP address if you are wanted to play on your local area network. Simply enter your loopback address of 127.0.0.1 to play on your server on your own PC or with friends on your LAN obtain your IP address assigned to you via your routers DHCP. Have a dynamic LAN IP address is no problem at all.

If u have a router you will be able to play!
But make sure landmode is set to 0 so it doesn't show up on Internet list.
Also you LAN ip usually is 192.168.0.1 also if it don't work just try adding a port to it

Quote:
Originally Posted by davve95
Посмотреть сообщение
Set lanmode to 1 in server.cfg...
Don't follow this suggestion. lanmode does absolutely nothing in 0.3e, and was just meant to improve sync (which would require more bandwidth) on LAN servers.
Also, .map files do not work on SA-MP - see the gamemodes on the SA-MP forum if you're interested in something more compatible.
I believe there is an include that allows you to load .map files into SA-MP, but if they're assigned to and have elements of a specific MTA gamemode, then that won't help you at all.