SYSTEM - What does it means actualy?

Alright, this is abit rage to everyone who use word "system".

Everyone just post Weapon system, vehicle system, scrore system, this system and that system, that word is just overused and abused, and abit stupid to be honest, it doesnt say anything, just sounds abit weird, let me make /sethp cmd and call it Health System?..

Why cant write "You can own up to 5 vehicles", but no let me better write "vehicle system", its dumb, Im sorry, I believe Im not only one who is annoyed by that word.

Please share your thoughts about this thing, here in Forum system by using Topic system and Post system.

If you do a vehicle script, what will you call it?
vehicle code
vehicle script
or vehicle system?

A system is everything we do to work, without being manual.
A script, after done, is most likely a system, since it's automatizated.

As I said Vehicle ownership already sounds better then system, or Vehicle shop, or anything, check adverts section, check filterscript/includes sections, everyone use system.

Admin Click system
Special Weapon - Rocket System
Cafe & Binco & Elevator system
[tRace] - simple race system
Advance Dynamic Dialog Gang System by Crime Life Team
Dynamic faction system
Simple roleplaying systems
Amazing registration system
House system

Why need word system?

Kikito just explained it to you. And you honestly think saying ownership sounds better than system? Saying ownership sounds basically like they don't know enough about English to say the word system. They use the word system because that's what they are, and there really isn't any other word for it, unless you wanna go check a thesaurus.

vehicle script?

If its a dealer script, vehicle dealer script?

script does the job too

It's a "schematic" thing.
A thing that does more than 1 actual thing IMO.
Yet I use that word aswell, but not for everything, like I use it for the "house system", yet it's "implemented" in to my gamemode, hence why I say "system".

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherlock
View Post
Kikito just explained it to you. And you honestly think saying ownership sounds better than system? Saying ownership sounds basically like they don't know enough about English to say the word system. They use the word system because that's what they are, and there really isn't any other word for it, unless you wanna go check a thesaurus.
what about "script" ?
instead of using "system" use "script".
because that what it is.
Code:
Vehicle System
will turn into -
Code:
Vehicle Script
and what you have said about "Saying ownership sounds basically like they don't know enough about English"
Honestly,this is the most stupid thing i've ever readed.
why should somebody think that if he will add "system" he will make himself looks like a "ProEnglishSpeaker".
if that was really true than Bill Gates would put the word "system" just to make himself & his operation system look "smarter" than it is and if he would use the word "system" than it would look lame and weird
Code:
Welcome to Windows System 7,
Thank you for buying Windows System 7.
windows is a coded operation system.
Code:
Welcome to SAMP system
samp is a coded program
Code:
Welcome to my server system !
server is coded\programmed. (server need to be coded to being able to run a samp server)
Flash Player,Java,Microsoft C++,Microsoft C#,Pawno,****** Chrome,Internet Explorer,ActiveX,DirectX,DivX,*******,******,Mozil a FireFox,Plugins,FilterScript's,GameMode's,Website' s,FrameWork,Media Player,Phones(Yes,phones are programmed\coded),Linux etc.
why wouldn't they add the word "system" to their program's names ?
as you said,without the word "system" that will make them EnglishSpeaking -10.
so we should stop using them because they don't have the word "system" in their product name ?

Next time,please turn the logic on before your saying somthing like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven82
View Post
Congratz on starting a very useful topic. Ranting about something completely useless. And taking my useless comment.

You win.

+1 on your useless counter.
Gratz for posting a useless post.
no rep for you.
not interesting than shut-up and ignore.

i agree with ikey07,its just stupid to use the word "system" when its not.

in our case the "System" is the "SAMP Server" that complexed from 1 subsystem that called "GameMode" that is a complex of code's,includes and scripts(FS).
why FS is not a subsystem ? because the GM is the main system that with it,you can run the server.
and FS is only an extra script and not the main,
without the FS - You can run the server.
without the GM - You can't run the server.
so what is more important ? the GM.

Learn to read,the real meaning of "system" - Wikipedia

System is used as nothing else really describes what it is or doesn't make sense here are some examples

Vehicle Setup - Sort of changes the meaning

Vehicle Arrangement - Means sort of the same thing but it seems like you've placed cars across the map..

Vehicle Organization - Seems like you've just catagorized the vehicles

Vehicle Mechaninism

Basicly no other word that I can think of says, Mechaninism which woulld sound wrong as thats somthing physical. This thread is kind of useless as no one is going to call their thread 'Vehicle Scripts working together as parts of a mechanism'

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceCube!
View Post
System is used as nothing else really describes what it is or doesn't make sense here are some examples

Vehicle Setup - Sort of changes the meaning

Vehicle Arrangement - Means sort of the same thing but it seems like you've placed cars across the map..

Vehicle Organization - Seems like you've just catagorized the vehicles

Vehicle Mechaninism

Basicly no other word that I can think of says, Mechaninism which woulld sound wrong as thats somthing physical. This thread is kind of useless as no one is going to call their thread 'Vehicle Scripts working together as parts of a mechanism'
Know the word "script" ?
and read the bottom of my post(above your post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xkirill
View Post
Know the word "script" ?
and read the bottom of my post(above your post)
A script suggests a List of Instructions, and it sounds unprofessional. I presonally just put somthing like 'Dynamic Houses' or 'Advacned Vehicles' maybe even 'Ice Cheat' I dont put system after anything its a word for people without an imagination, I dont really have much of one but I can always find ways of not using it and not even thinking about it. System and Script is for people who just cant be botherd to think of a name for it so instread calling it 'System' I saw a thing in somes signature earlyer 'Sausage System' which I would have called 'Dynamic Bangers' as sausages are bangers. I dont know if this script was dynamic tho.