[INFO]Hash passwords

Hello, example detailed, how to hash a passwords ?, i use mysql, and whirpool for hash password,

Pretty sure the whirlpool include uses WP_Hash();

Didn't you read the topic that comes with the include, it should cover a tutorial about it's use? Search around on the forums!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBluec0de
Посмотреть сообщение
Hello, example detailed, how to hash a passwords ?, i use mysql, and whirpool for hash password,
Waste of a plugin, honestly. MySQL offers md5 and sha1. Although both outdated, they can still be used in combination with salts. As of MySQL 5.5 it supports sha2 as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
Посмотреть сообщение
Waste of a plugin, honestly. MySQL offers md5 and sha1. Although both outdated, they can still be used in combination with salts. As of MySQL 5.5 it supports sha2 as well.
Yes but passwords would be transferred in plain text MySQL queries.. That just doesn't feel right.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Waste of a plugin? How many plugins are you planning on using that you need to reserve space?

Whirlpool works very well and I highly recommend it.

pawn Код:
WP_Hash(wpHash, sizeof(wpHash), inputtext);
Using something like that would work fine. inputtext being the string you want hashed and wpHash being the output.

pawn Код:
stock bernstein(string[])
{
    new
        hash = -1,
        i,
        j;
    while ((j = string[i++]))
    {
        hash = hash * 33 + j;
    }
    return hash;
}
pawn Код:
new tmphash = bernstein(password);
            PlayerInfo[playerid][pKey] = INI_ReadInt("Key");
            if(PlayerInfo[playerid][pKey] == tmphash);

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
MD5 is cracked and Whirlpool has never been cracked yet and so it is more secure I believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconX
Посмотреть сообщение
MD5 is cracked and Whirlpool has never been cracked yet and so it is more secure I believe.
Any one who is experienced can crack Whirlpool using many indirect methods. (rainbow tables, dictionaries, brute force, etc.) *

Lucky there is hardly anybody that lurks these forums that can do that.

Whirlpool is still extremely difficult to crack, it's secure, and the best choice on password hashing.

* Don't quote me on this.