Data does not save when it's a .ini file. (On my host)

Hi

When a player connects, a file gets created under: /scriptfiles/users/PLAYERNAME.ini
When a player registers, certain data is getting saved already and when the player logs off all the data is getting saved.
Now, the information is not getting saved at all, the size of the file stays 0 Bytes and does not grow in size.
When I open the file, nothing's there.

I tried the same on my local server (on my PC) and it worked like charm! I then tried making a regular file with fwrite and that worked as well both on my host and PC.

Can somebody tell me whether it's the host or my script that's causing this to happen?

Thank you.

Probably the operating system. Linux is case-sensitive, Windows isn't. On a Linux system PLAYERNAME.ini and playername.ini are two different files.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
Посмотреть сообщение
Probably the operating system. Linux is case-sensitive, Windows isn't. On a Linux system PLAYERNAME.ini and playername.ini are two different files.
I used that as an example.
Let's say for instance that my name on the server is: Bible, it will save like this: /scriptfiles/users/Bible.ini

Furthermore, the server is running on Windows Server 2012.
Plus, when a player registers some data (Password,...) get saved. While the player is playing the file has already been created but then it has a size of 0Bytes with nothing in it.

Maybe the user running the server doesn't have write permissions in the folder - for example downloaded via "root", started with "samp"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tion
Посмотреть сообщение
Maybe the user running the server doesn't have write permissions in the folder - for example downloaded via "root", started with "samp"
I have no idea what you're meaning to say.. Can you give me a concrete example?

Try CHMOD'ing (777) the directory the .ini files are supposed to save to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana_Ghost
Посмотреть сообщение
Try CHMOD'ing (777) the directory the .ini files are supposed to save to.
The permissions are already on: read, write and execute.

REMOVED