Any idea why?

Hello guys.

I have a TDM COD server that is on hosted list and is hosted 24/7. When the server was on 0.3d i had my 58 players peak an round 25+ players online all day.During weekends I had 40-60 players. After i switched to 0.3e, which was 2 weeks ago, I started getting less players. Right now it's down to like 10-15. On weekends it's around 30.

I was wondering why this happened and what i can do?

Well that is because most people are not aware of the update.

EDIT: try to put (Update to 0.3e from www.sa-mp.com) in your servers name

There's no real reason.

I've had the same experience in the past with my own server, it just takes time for it to pick up again after an SA-MP update. I know the overall amount of players in the new version is roughly the same as it was in the older version, but that's just how it goes.

What it does suggest to me though is that you may not have a lot of regular players. You might want to work on the longevity of your server (the amount of things people have to do) and the community aspect of your server. I understand this may be difficult in a TDM server as it's more about killing than community, but I'm sure you can work something out!

Yeah, and back in 0.2a, before they removed the official list, i remember Novclan gangwars servers had like 100players daily, and grove was full of people, it was just fun, and after the update, official list got removed and i found like 5players online, i was O.o, i thought they're gonna come back, but they never came back.

Umm Novocaine is on the hosted list and online w/ players last I knew

I think what jatoch said makes a lot of sense.

I think, when you have a server, you will have to keep running the old version until the playerbases decreases which means that other players have stopped with playing SA:MP, stopped with your server, or updated to 0.3e. What you also could do is make a poll on your forums and let your members choose if they want the server running on the new version and get new awesome features or stay like it is right now. If you will update to a new version and just create a topic which says that the server got updated to the newest SA:MP version, there is always a big chance that your playerbase will still decrease after updating.

A good way is to send warning messages ingame, maybe 2-5days before changing version. With time and date + a download link.
Then have it in the server name for some days/weeks.

It's usually because people don't check the server version, which they should. Even if it's in the name of the server, I see many people on my community's forums asking what's wrong, that they can't connect, after a SA-MP update.

I don't update until my favorite server does, and that's usually a few weeks after the SA-MP release.

See that's why we need the auto update feature implemented that Saurik already thought of, https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=340628

It's what those before say, that player count drop because of the samp client update, there is really newbs that doesn't know what to do or check what version the server is running etc..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saad_
View Post
Well that is because most people are not aware of the update.

EDIT: try to put (Update to 0.3e from www.sa-mp.com) in your servers name
agreed : and i think most of the poeple dont like the new update of 0.3e caused by some of bug's and error were found so that i whould suggest you to get your serve to 0.3d until the 0.3e get fixed : and in case 1 you whould add soem more maps and update the server and keep all players happy so they whould join !!!