Why do people think spamming their server IP works?

Anybody knows?
I just cant figure out why people think it makes sense to join my server, and spam some random ip.
Why would you even think of doing it, it only gives your server a bad reputation:/

Because most of servers are owned by 12 years old kids who don't know how hard is managing a server and getting players.

For the same reasons people spam adverts here, DDoS rival servers, etc etc etc:

They are insecure about their script's ability to attract and retain new players, so they resort to dirty tricks and asshole tactics. If the person's script was any good, it would sell itself.

Also, any player on your server that leaves to join a spammer's server...they weren't going to be loyal to begin with so maybe its for the best.

But yeah...IP spamming is retarded. I don't understand why people can't just enjoy the fucking game without pissing on other people's picnics.

If some player on your server leaves it because some random-tard spammed some random-tard-server IP on the chat and joins it, there's a little possibility of your server suck as well as theirs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie`
Посмотреть сообщение
If some player on your server leaves it because some random-tard spammed some random-tard-server IP on the chat and joins it, there's a little possibility of your server suck as well as theirs.
Never saw anybody leave for that though,
But yeah I made a great working anti-advertising script now

It replaces the ip with "I LOVE REALITY ROLEPLAY"
After that it plays the "trol song" for the spammer before kicking him/her

Quote:
Originally Posted by milanosie
Посмотреть сообщение

AHAHAHAHAHAH

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaisersouse
Посмотреть сообщение
If the person's script was any good, it would sell itself.
Hmm, I know some servers with REALLY unique scripts on it, which aren't too popular somehow.

On-Topic: I always do that. I join each server on the internet list (preferably Hosted) and spam the shЁt out of their chat. However it somehow doesn't work

People don't seem to be able to get "JOIN MIII SERVER NAO PLISSS IP 127.0.0.1:7777 RCON CHANGEME UNIQUE FEATURESSSSS!!!!!!!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by [MM]IKKE
Посмотреть сообщение
Hmm, I know some servers with REALLY unique scripts on it, which aren't too popular somehow.

!!!"
I def hear u on that one

Quote:
Originally Posted by milanosie
Посмотреть сообщение

LMAO that is a nice idea and it will rage the spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherlock