Open subgamemode developement. What do you think?

For quite a while Im thinking about a rather untypical kind of gamemode developement.
First of all I need to give a brief introduction. Im working on SutD for a while now, and chaning requirements dragged the developement in an unusual direction. In that "engine structure" (as I like it call it myself), the features and functions are strictly separated from the real gamemode. The script engine provides functions for things like items, weapons, skills, HUD, etc. It can load so called "chapters", include files, that contain the played gamemode, with things like creating all needed itemtypes and weapon, classes, maps, and win conditions, mostly just by using functions provided by the engine. This way a really complex gamemode can be scripted with just like 500 lines, while the 20k lines in the background engine can remain untouched. Independent and unique gamemodes can be scripted just in some days. However, this isnt suitable for any kind of gamemode of course, as the engine itself is focused on TDM and some partially RP.
Also it can be more complicated than it sounds, as the engine provides tons of functions, and developers would need to work into them for a while.
So my idea behind this was to start open subgamemode developement for sutd some day. The engine itself will always stay private and unreleased, but I would create a include providing fake natives of all engine funtions, as well as a good documentation to allow some selected scripters (applications are still needed to proof ones scripting skills) to create a gamemode with them. When ready, I would compile the integrated gamemode with the real includes and run it.

Again in short, the "only" things a sutd chapter developer would have to do are these:
Create custom items, weapons, perks, etc
Use them to assemble player classes
Create a map (possibly with capture points)
Script the task/win condition (the biggest part, simple examples: get more kills than the other team, capture and hold all points, etc. This can also be a very complex task, or even a whole RP without any win conditions)
Commands shouldnt be needed at all, the engine provides all needed ones.

Sounds like normal developement? True, but SutD provides some things that take tenthousands of lines and months of developement. This simplifies them to a single Toggle- or Create- function call. E.g. CreateItem can be used to create a new ready-to-use weapontype with lots of unique attributes in a single line)

Before doing anything about that, Id like to see if theres some basic interest for this kind of developement. Also the engine is still some weeks or months away from a version ready for this.
So please give some constructive feedback. The poll is public to see what kind of people would be interested, and isnt binding in any kind of course.

no no

Sounds interesting, but I'm rather interested in the technical part behind it rather than to be developing a so called sub gamemode. Who knows though, however, isn't this just basically expanding the native functions and features in SAMP? (that is my understanding, perhaps a better explanation). Got to say you got me a bit excited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by playbox12
Посмотреть сообщение
Sounds interesting, but I'm rather interested in the technical part behind it rather than to be developing a so called sub gamemode. Who knows though, however, isn't this just basically expanding the native functions and features in SAMP? (that is my understanding, perhaps a better explanation). Got to say you got me a bit excited.
Same for me, Im not a good gamemode developer, but love the technical part. I was scripting for about a year before having any playable results, but didnt loose my motivation
With that kind of developement I could mostly keep my focus on the engine, while more skilled gamemode designers take over the playable part.
A samp expanion is a quite good explanation of this, infact I planned to release it as some kind of expansion first, until i decided to make it my own project.

3rd Choice.

Sounds interesting. Would love to see how this plays out.

Seems to be another great job by mauzen, i totally support this.

Thanks for your comments so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ******
Посмотреть сообщение
How is this different to any other library beyond the scale?
Libraries usually are added to the main gamemode. Here, the gamemode is added to the libraries. The subgamemode files usually are one include file, all registered files can be loaded dynamically by the engine without needing a restart.
They could even be launched as a filterscript by altering the loader a bit, so the whole engine/library runs for itself without any compiled gamemode data.