Server with Multiple IP Addresses

I have a server which has multiple ip addresses available.

I can use one ip by using bind 1.2.3.4 in server.cfg

Without bind the server can be queried on all ip's but players can only connect through the last one. I haven't tested which ip it would announce to the masterlist.

My question is, can you get the sa-mp server to work so players can connect using any of the ips available?

It would be useful for me as we have had a lot of problems with ddos recently, resulting in ip addresses getting nulled. At the moment we either have to wait for the null to be removed or switch ips manually.

I think no. I know a lot about this kind of stuff because it is my work. I think you can use all of the IP's if they are on the same server if you have one main DNS record that is including all of the ip's in it that is how i am doing it with my switch at home. Just contact your ISP or hosting provider and talk about that with them. I am sure all of them are allowing those type of DNS. For my switch at home it is DDNS which is dynamic dns. So as i said just talk with them and if you get it, it should work just fine. Also if you get it use the DDNS for connecting to the server.

I did some more research, im using linux.

You could forward packets using iptables but I think this would mask the real ip of the player.

When sa-mp is running on a server with multiple ips without bind, you can attempt a connection on any of the ips and the server is logging these incoming connections.

But by default on linux all outputs are routed through the default ip, so clients only get a response from the server if they have connected using the default ip.

I think its possible to change this effect with some more advanced ip routing using iproute, just need to learn some more first.

The apache webserver actually supports listening on multiple binds in the server config, this would be a useful addition to the samp server one day