Connection Rejected: Unacceptable Nickname

this error always occurs after 2-3 minutes of playing. sometimes when i relogged 10 seconds after it happens again.

i have searched some threads which i have the same problem. apparently it says to change the compability of samp.exe to windows 98 but when i set it to windows 98 it would just connect me to single player

This sometimes happens if you timeout (possibly when server crashes too). It's very rare.

What happens if you join a server, with a name already in the server? Does the same error appear? If so, maybe that's why this bug/error happens, it assumes the name is already in use (when really, you just timedout).

Nobody else on this server has reported this problem, so we referred the OP here.

Here are some notes from the original thread on our community forums:

Quote:

it happens all the time even on other server

i've searched on ****** too it says you have to change the compability of samp.exe to windows 98 but when i set it to windows 98 it just let me play single player. :< :C D: :{

Tried ensuring the character set is OK, doesn't seem to have anything to do with that.

OP: What EXACTLY are you using for a name on the server?

It's more likely exactly what it says in the screenshot. The nickname you are trying to use is deemed unacceptable by the server you are trying to play on.

No, It happens all the time even in other server. I use different names and i have change alot of names...

Might be your network connection then.

confirmed, happened to me a couple of times on different servers

What type of nickname are you trying to use(when i say what type, i mean, post it...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDominator
View Post
Might be your network connection then.
R u kidding me ? Make sure to try out with other name and with which name you are entering server ?