Minecraft Problem !

Hello, everyone !
I'm having a prolem with Minecraft and GTA IV.
My PC specification
* Intel Core i3-380M
* NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M (1GB)
* 5 GB DDR3 Memory
* 750 GB HDD
When i play Call of Duty MW3 with everything turned to the limit ( i mean extra graphics and everrything) there's no problem. But when i play minecraft there is a huge amaount of lag. I have 10 - 15 fps. I have no problems with other games. But minecraft lags a lot.
P.S. Sry for my bad english.

Close background applications... Ctrl+Alt+Del see what other processes use tons of the cpu power, look at the memory. You could of used ******.com before posting this thread you would of gotten much more help Even minecraftforums.net

Try setting it's priority to high, close unneeded programs.
Or try this I guess.
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/...craft-fps-fix/

EDIT: also try setting the render distance (fog) to lower ammount.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jansish
Посмотреть сообщение
Try setting it's priority to high, close unneeded programs.
Or try this I guess.
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/...craft-fps-fix/

EDIT: also try setting the render distance (fog) to lower ammount.
Whats the point of that? I run my minecraft on my lap top without any problems... pent 4, and my computer also works fine. His computer is pretty good.

Minecraft = resource eater.
Since you have 5gb ram, the minecraft will use, like, 3 gb ram or something like that.

Minecraft uses very much CPU, because it needs to loops though all the thousands of block you see in your world.
Your m-CPU isn't really that great, so it won't supprises me it lags.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WackoX
Посмотреть сообщение
Minecraft uses very much CPU, because it needs to loops though all the thousands of block you see in your world.
True, both games have a very big environment and take a lot of CPU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WackoX
Посмотреть сообщение
As much as I agree...I play on a Intel T7500 laptop processor sometimes (centrino/core2duo) and don't lag as much as he does..so....I got nothing else to add other than that unuseful bit of info

Get OptiFine (= a mod), it optimizes the game and can increase FPS a lot, sometimes even doubling it. Updating Java might also work. If you run 64-bit OS, get Java 64-bit.

Are you playing multiplayer? Are you sure it isn't your latency to the server that you're playing on that's causing you to lag, rather than your game?

Does it still lag in single player? If not then you should find a server that is in your country to play on. Or a country near you.