A Colour-Blind man needs help with GUI!

So I'm working on the awards system and I hit a slight problem!

I have no idea what colours look good together, my eyes are a little bit retarded!
I can see Red Green and Blue and a couple of others and that's it, shades are a bit awkward..

So, how do these look?

The first one I made, my friend told me the colours don't look good!

So I took his advice and made this one instead:

Anyone got any colour suggestions?
I'd like to keep the border black and stay away from using any other blacks/greys in the rest of the design! (I do that too much in my GUI!)

Thanks in advance

The 2nd one is way better.

2nd one is great. I should warn you though, test it on lower resolutions, you may find the border will fuck up. Also, how did you make that little thing on the left?

EDIT: Actually, is this in SA:MP or not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP2
Посмотреть сообщение
2nd one is great. I should warn you though, test it on lower resolutions, you may find the border will fuck up. Also, how did you make that little thing on the left?

EDIT: Actually, is this in SA:MP or not?
Good point about resolutions, I will test it later!

And that's a Sprite, I updated the Text Draw Editor by Zamoroht to support the sprites!

It took a while to find a good one, that's actually from one of the SA arcade games!
I am going to make a list of all sprites and add it to the editor

Thanks for the comment I thought the second is better too, though I might still change it...

Try using the color wheel:

Opposing colors are good if you'd like to create a lot of contrast, bordering colors are good for .. well, anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
Посмотреть сообщение
Try using the color wheel:

Opposing colors are good if you'd like to create a lot of contrast, bordering colors are good for .. well, anything.
Ah yeah, I had to work on one of those at college! The teacher didn't believe I was a bit colour blind and started raging at me!

I figured out a system where I use degrees of a compass to represent the colours (Yellow at the top would be 0, Orange-red would be 90, violet 180 etc)

Blue to Red-Violet look exactly the same to me, same with green+green-yellow, yellow-orange to orange-red!

The second one looks fine, keep it as it is.

Second one for sure, i like the design table though , nice achievement system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArcher
Посмотреть сообщение
Second one for sure, i like the design table though , nice achievement system.
Thanks!
I might make another post some time about the achievements, I'm also stuck for names and ideas D:
I feel guilty for always getting SA:MP community to do my work for me xD

Second one looks good