World War Roleplay

Hey, What are your thoughts about roleplay server in which there will be war between Los Santos, San Fierro and Las Venturas. It doesn't means War every hour between the group. War events will be arranged between the sides and informed to admins so that admin can spectate the whole war ensuring that both sides are equal etc.

There are three teams participating in the war namely LS, SF and LV. Each team has four faction namely Airforce, Navy, Army and Marines.

I would like to hear about the oppinions of SAMP community about such type of roleplay.

I would like to see this most def. With some nice medic RP, some good mapping (I can provide), and good roleplayers. This is a great idea but I am sure it has been tried and was left out to dry. If you can get a good team together I am sure something like this can be possible. But it requires players. Try starting with only two small areas like Bone Country and Tierra Robada.

My friend was starting. My friend, surely has no playerbase. We will advertising server on SAMP forums but He will hardly get 10-20 players and Its hard to roleplay the fuckin' war with just 20 people. According to me, If player has like playerbase of 100 then they can come up with this otherwise, this idea sucks.

Keep your oppinions coming.

This would be great if it is in a Totally new map placed in the Sea - Making a HUGE map that gives you the feeling of the wars - Ex : Deserts , Navy Boats , Planes , War Sounds , Etc.. - Using much bots in order to play if there are no much players on - Making it More RP'ly with Ranks / Sections / Positions , Etc. - Making it that having an attack on the other Team is not just going and getting killed - You have to plan , Think and Make good Decisions and so on - Making that Death = for example.. Account get Deleted or Temp. Ban from this Account - Making much sounds while going in any place in the map for planes falling.. Bombs , etc. - making many classes - Using the Parachute thingy in many uses - For Example : People whose job is to get in planes that Pilots fly - Once they take them to the pos they start invading and attacking - and so on.. I Got tons of idea for such script and i would like to see such server on with many players / Good Admins and Ofcourse.. Good RP - Good Luck

The idea is awesome but it is to late for these kinds of ideas, my opinion.

Well, I dont say Idea is bad but Playerbase should be atleast 50-100 because IF server has 10-20 players then what do you expect in war? Hardly any roleplay can be noticed.

It would be cool, I wouldn't lie maybe someday a server like this might be spawned professional .

This sounds alot like what I've already created in the past which LS, SF & LV were at war with each other. It was a successful hit in the past that ran my server from 0 players to about 35+ or so within just a short month, but it was way back before RP Servers became so popular and before the GF GM was even leaked. The reason I decided to shut it all down was because of switching over to normal RP because my old server wasn't RP at all...

However, only recently I've decided to start it back up which RP will play a much larger role in my past history with the server. The combined TDM/RP will certainly make things interesting because after a while, normal RP just isn't as appealing to me as it once was (Get bored with it), so blasting away another team (More physical action) while still in bounds with some RP seems to be a great solution

Drawing the line where your TDM meets your RP can be tricky though, you're going to have alot of players that are likely to treat it as a DM killing even thier own team mates and whatnot. But putting up some RP Quiz or enforcing a proper First_Last name format is likely going to keep everyone out, even your RPers because of the confusion. I for example, wouldn't go too deep into the RP side, but just enough to keep it all tolerated even by non-rpers, they will then at least be given the chance to slightly learn a bit of RP :P

If you do this correctly though, I believe you can still pull off a nice player count though. Mix in a few RP Elements such as civilians, criminals, cops, medics, etc. who may choose to stay out of the war or jump straight into action if they chose to do so (Medics healing wounded soliders for example). Probably ideal to throw in some turf fighting as well, gives them purpose as well as something to actually fight over.

I'd team up with ya developing such a server, but I'm currently done with SA-MP
(GTA Related, I'm probably going to focus on a GTA V MP when/if it becomes availible etc.)

Its a bit like TDM and RP mixture, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by p0o
View Post
Its a bit like TDM and RP mixture, right?
Correct, you basically get online and choose your team then simply destroy your enemies, but limited to whatever RP you decide to throw in there (Global Chat vs. Local Chat for example). Also, having other selection options such as a civilian or a cop which involves you more with the RP side (Criminal Activities and Arrests etc.) rather than the TDM war itself. If you really think everything out, you'll find a way to blend the TDM/RP together quite nicely, but I won't go into details else I would as if I were writing a book or something :P