Jetpack Issues.

Short and simple: if you take a jetpack off by pressing ENTER it stays there until you die. This can cause problems in the following scenario:

A server has a deathmatch at Grove Street. You get a jetpack outside of DM and take it off at Grove Street, then you can get a jetpack during the DM.

I know you can script around it by setting their special action to 0, but would a ClearJetpacks() or whatever be possible in a future SA:MP version?

Just run your deathmatch in a different world/universe. (Presuming by a deathmatch you mean some kind of gamemode seperate to the main server mode) It'll avoid that problem and many others. Though where I spend all my killing time vacated jetpacks dont stay forever, they dissapear after a period.

Only the person who spawned the jetpack can see it, FYI. No one else can.

Depending on the way the user gets the jetpack it should be scriptable for it to disappear after a while.
You can also put a restriction of the jetpack and script you can not fly there thus preventing the whole problem.

I think you should give more info about that scenario if you would want better advice regarding it.

Try OnPlayerUpdate check if player press enter and check if player has jetpack and put return 0;

maybe works same as with night vision glasses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potassium
Посмотреть сообщение
Only the person who spawned the jetpack can see it, FYI. No one else can.
I saw some jetpacks before...might it be possible it DOES spawn when the guy who spawned it is within stream rate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [MM]IKKE
Посмотреть сообщение
I saw some jetpacks before...might it be possible it DOES spawn when the guy who spawned it is within stream rate?
This is not possible unless the server you played on scripted it this way.

As for the jetpacks. It's relatively to make a
pawn Код:
COMMAND:removejetpack(playerid, params[]){ SetPlayerSpecialAction(playerid, SPECIAL_ACTION_NONE); }
Eventually, using onplayerupdate you can disable the use of removing your jetpack with enter.

Detecting a jetpack in a DM mode and removing it under OnPlayerUpdate seems the best bet.

It depends on your script on how the jetpack spawns, despawns, and visible. Like, I know some scripts were admin can give you a jetpack and if you leave it someone else can take it and it goes away after some time without being used.