Big screens from 8-stadium

Hello everyone!

First of all, I want to say that I'm very glad to see how SA-MP makes progress. Not so long time ago 0.2 was released, and now we have just great platform - 0.3e - to build such a wonderful gamemodes!

And now about my idea. I hope that developers will read this and put on notice about it.
As you remember, there are two big screens on the 8-track stadium. This screens show various views of the stadium. And it's not a record, I can see myself on the screen. So, how do you think, is it real to get code of this from original game and make it one of features of future SA-MP releases? Just imagine, how we could use it! TVs, watching camera systems, etc. It would be great, wouldn't?

Really great idea

pawn Код:
SetObjectScreen(objectid, materialindex, Float:x, Float:y, Float:z, Float:tox, Float:toy, Float:toz);
MoveObjectScreenPos(objectid, Float:x, Float:y, Float:z, Float:tox, Float:toy, Float:toz);
Would be epic and maybe also more functions.

It is already possible, but it requires players to download the samp_custom.img file (or something similar)
Because as far as I know, billboards are .txd (and .dff *) files

* I am not sure if the billboards include a .dff file

Definitely gonna rock whole SAMP, to be honest.

I would love to see football matches online on SAMP lol

As far as I know that screen is called a "shader" aka a texture script. This screen and things like mirrors are such "shaders". But the chance of getting shaders in SA-MP is quite small, I think, since you can make them quite performance heavy and I don't think Kalcor is aiming at something like that.

This would be a very neat additional if it was possible. I'd definately work on it for a future version if it was up to me.

Totally forgot about the screen there. And yes indeed, it can be very useful (it's a GTA:SA internal resource so it wouldn't break SA-MP's principle). Problem is - what to show on the screen? Using external video material would not be supported I believe, so you would have to get the footage ingame somehow.
Would also be cool if you could vary the screen size, like it's being used on the material size of SetObjectMaterialText();

I'm so sure that someone already did this, may have been Cessil... I'll do some searching and edit this post if I can find what I'm thinking of!

EDIT: Can't find what I was thinking of but it seems that other people have thought of it too haha http://forum.sa-mp.com/showpost.php?...&postcount=150

I'll ask Cessil later if it was him that talked about this recently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drebin
Посмотреть сообщение
Problem is - what to show on the screen?
Here are so many scripters with good imagination. They can think of lots of great ideas, no doubt.