Stolen script

If you know someone has a script that belongs to someone else and they remove all credits and change the name of the gamemode and map. but in the script there are things that are unique to the original scripter what do you do?

Ask them nicely to do something about it (like delete it and stop using it).

People are all about love and kindness.

If you bitch to them about what you're going to do to them if they don't stop using it and they don't delete it, their heart will harden which will mean they will rebel even more.

yea well they havent listen and they dont care. althought i guess since they are only kids they will learn there lesson.

You can't do anything. People should be a bit more careful with their scripts and these issues won't happen.

If they have it..it's theirs. There isn't any legal documents that show they or anybody cannot take the script without permission. Like said above, be more careful.

If the scripter of that script was a little smart, he would have implemented some security measures, like distributing the code in includes (so the Pawn file without the includes is useless), checking the IP, Anti DeAmx, etcetera.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Vector]
Посмотреть сообщение
If the scripter of that script was a little smart, he would have implemented some security measures, like distributing the code in includes (so the Pawn file without the includes is useless), checking the IP, Anti DeAmx, etcetera.
How about just not placing the .pwn files in stupid places and maybe not "trusting" people to "develop" for them- that's what gets most people!

Quote:

How about just not placing the .pwn files in stupid places and maybe not "trusting" people to "develop" for them- that's what gets most people!

Exatly Good Idea. If you don't Put .pwn then they cant stole your script.

I'm sure that a server like this wil only last a few months anyway.

i will call my mom or 911.