URGENT Cpu Usage

The server randomly sets to above 100% and it stays there so the server is frozen, nobody can connect or do anything. For hours it's fine then suddenly vamps up to 100%+ and this occured when we had 2 players at night so players don't seem to trigger it, I checked all the command logs and every single thing but nothing seems to trigger it.

Just an out of the blue BAM.

This is really killing our playerbase, if anyone could help would be great.

cool server its cool

Check your timers and things that get called constantly.

It can be if you used ZCMD and DCMD. People are avoiding saying this but real truth is that DCMD and ZCMD can fuck up your memory usage really easy.

get the profiler plugin and see whats causing the most cpu usage

Is it the same time every time it does it? It could be a scripted event. Like object saving or some other backup system.

Might be ddos, might be bad scripting, might be a bad machine hosting the server... Do as Cessil said, as there is no other way to see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ******
Посмотреть сообщение
If people are avoiding saying this they're doing it very well - I've never once heard this claim (about ZCMD anyway).
It's using ZCMD and we will try out the performance profiler, for the meantime any other tips?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Staff
Посмотреть сообщение
Is it the same time every time it does it? It could be a scripted event. Like object saving or some other backup system.
It doesn't happen at a specific time, it just goes crazy a few hours apart from when it happened last time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrel
Посмотреть сообщение
It can be if you used ZCMD and DCMD. People are avoiding saying this but real truth is that DCMD and ZCMD can fuck up your memory usage really easy.
I don't really see how this is true unless you provide proof to backup your claim. In laymens, ZCMD is really just a big macro calling OnPlayerCommandText.

Could also be your host and not your script. When the server i script for was using serverFFS we had this message then server restart every day. So i then overly optimized the mode and to no avail. I even loaded LVDM (un-edited) and still got the warning - restart. It's not always the script. But a lot of the time it is. Needless to say we no longer use ServerFFS.