Dual-Monitor game startup issue (minor)

Ran a search on the forums, wasn't able to find anything directly related so here goes.

I'm running a dual monitor setup. They are set to extended, so the desktop extends to the secondary monitor. The primary monitor is a 22 inch Samsung LCD, the secondary is some third party 17 inch LCD.

The issue that keeps happening is, every time I click the 'play' button in SAMP to go into a server, the system turns off windows aero (expected) and sometimes it just sits there. SAMP itself does not appear to be hanging or locking up, it appears to be gtasa.exe that is causing problems. Sometimes, it pops up right away and tells me to select a monitor then it proceeds to launch the game on the selected monitor. Other times, it just sits there, does not ask me to select a monitor and it does not launch the game.

I have dealt with this issue for a while now. Sometimes, clicking out of then back into the SAMP screen (removing focus then giving it back to SAMP) appears to fix it and bring up the monitor select from gtasa and let me play. Other times, this method does not work at all.

It can be frustrating at times. I have no idea why it seems to happen only to me.

PC specs don't seem entirely required here but I'll provide for the sake of technical help:

MOBO: Asus M4A77TD (AM3)
CPU: AMD Phenom-II x6 1090T (3.4ghz - minor 200mhz oc)
RAM: 8gb G.Skill DDR3 ram
GFX: Galaxy Nvidia Geforce 550ti (1024mb)
PSU: Rosewill 600W (I know I know, but newegg recommended it. This part is getting upgraded soon)

I highly doubt that the SAMP executioner or GTA for that matter is designed to handle an extended screen setup. You'll just have to keep on doing what you are, otherwise set it to non extended dual screen like mine. I have no issues what so ever.