What's the best VoIP application? P2P or Server based? Vent/TeamSpeak/Skype?

So, I've been trying to find what is the best, I've come across loads of contradicting answers and opinions.

I currently use Skype, but it's not great (it used to be!) cuts out sometimes, the conversations are confusing as it saves every combination of contacts in a call as a conversation, it uses a lot of memory and some of my friends can't use Skype and Minecraft at the same time (They use a Iphone and then the voice quality is never good enough for youtube videos)

So I tried out Vent, that has a massive 1 minute delay after about an hour of usage, I have to restart the server and get all my friends to restart their clients. Annoying. (Some bug to do with Win7 64bit apparently)

TeamSpeak I haven't tried yet, it seems more user friendly and feature rich. A lot of people say it's shit, I don't see why.

Mumble, Someone on my minecraft server mentioned this and said it's the best as it uses the least bandwidth and memory. Though I thought I'd ask first before installing yet another chat client (I can't even test it now anyway, no one else is online)

So what does SA:MP community say?

Use Skype on www.imo.im it allows voice and uses hardly any resources.

I don't use this VoIP applications but from what i read on internet,Skype is the best.

You can use TeamSpeak also,it's good when you want rage in a clan-war.

https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=341088

I think this speaks for it self.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolumadd_
View Post
Ah thank you for that, TeamSpeak it is then!
I heard from a lot of people that vent was good, but I guess that must have been before Windows 7 or something, many people have problems now and it hasn't been updated D:

Mumble or teamspeak but skype is not good for players and Admins .

Skype is good for personal, private conversations but not for a server's playerbase to communicate on. TeamSpeak 3 is what you want for that.

I tried mumble last night and didn't get anywhere with it (way too confusing! It was full of permissions, admin ranks all that sort of stuff! I couldn't be arsed to set it up) I'm not running a huge community anyway, it's just a few friends so I think we'll use TeamSpeak

Thanks for the replies