[HELP] /nick command

Hey I'd like to have a command which opens up a dialog box that lists a player's nicks, allows the player to select and switch to any of their nicks and also allow them to easily add a new nick. I know that I'm supposed to somehow use SetPlayerName... but I have no idea what to do and sampwiki isn't much help in this case. It would be highly appreciated if someone could write the code for me.

Have you got set variables/saving schemes for the names to be saved and to appear onto a dialog?

I can do this for you, if you'll show the code that's needed, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iGetty
Посмотреть сообщение
Have you got set variables/saving schemes for the names to be saved and to appear onto a dialog?

I can do this for you, if you'll show the code that's needed, thanks.
I have no idea but I can show the code thats needed. Just tell me what code you need to see. I'm using Luxadmin in addition to my game mode. I'm assuming that you'll want to see some code from Luxadmin since thats whats used for accounts and such on my server. Just tell me what code you need to see and I'll post it.

It has a saving system right? What kind of system is it? Dini?

Not sure but heres the entire FS...

It depends a lot on the system you use for storing accounts.. i assume you saw this in 0.3e partyserver update.. it's stored in database and it simply queries the nicks from there to show it, it's pretty simple to change name than to actually update player session tables in a consistient manner to track nick changes of players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JernejL
Посмотреть сообщение
It depends a lot on the system you use for storing accounts.. i assume you saw this in 0.3e partyserver update.. it's stored in database and it simply queries the nicks from there to show it, it's pretty simple to change name than to actually update player session tables in a consistient manner to track nick changes of players.
Hey Jern! Thanks for the info. I have no idea how to allow players to simply change their names. There is no /group command on my server. Thats why I'm posting this. My players need some way to change their name if they want... and yeah I saw this on partyserver. I was there when you announced it.

Btw, don't think that I'm trying to copy PS because thats not the case. By the time we're finished with it, it will be quite different. I know that you had a problem with a couple of players who tried to copy PS and thats not my goal at all.

As long as you make something on your own and original i will never have any objections.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JernejL
Посмотреть сообщение
As long as you make something on your own and original i will never have any objections.
Good because I don't want any problems with PS. It is and always will be my favorite server to play on.

Any help with this nickname issue would be greatly appreciated btw.

Anybody?