Starting a new RP Server

Hello,

I just joined back to SAMP after about 2 years and want to start a samp server again. I can get the host whenever i want. I can script as well.

Some people might know me from before, my names were "Mowgli" and "Highdarren" and "PersonalComputerNerd" and "ComputerNerdLessons" etc...

I need to find someone with a decent script (it can be off the forums, its just that as im new again, so i dont know what the standard is nowadays).

So, just PM me with MSN/******** or something if your intrested.

OR

IF you already run a SMALL server, let me know... I have some skills and new ideas for a server.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenRhoads
View Post
Hello,

I just joined back to SAMP after about 2 years and want to start a samp server again. I can get the host whenever i want. I can script as well.

Some people might know me from before, my names were "Mowgli" and "Highdarren" and "PersonalComputerNerd" and "ComputerNerdLessons" etc...

I need to find someone with a decent script (it can be off the forums, its just that as im new again, so i dont know what the standard is nowadays).

OR

IF you already run a SMALL server, let me know... I have some skills and new ideas for a server.
I suggest trying to "join" one as you aren't going to get pretty far with downloading a GM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenRhoads
View Post
Hello,

OR

Talk to the God Father, I hear he has a pretty good script.

I'm not quite getting it. Why are most people who run roleplay servers using edits? (Godfather, Raven's, NGRP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorEd22
View Post
I'm not quite getting it. Why are most people who run roleplay servers using edits? (Godfather, Raven's, NGRP)
Because their scripting skills are not good enough to make a script from scratch.

Quote:
View Post
Just like why are people giving out refunds?

Quote:
View Post
Because since there is already a script based on RolePlay what's the point in re-scripting everything again when there's 100's of GM scripts out there with the same code as you'd write. There's no point in devoting all of your time on scripting a full script when you can use a custom made GM and then spend your time building on it to make it that bit better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dripac
View Post
Because their scripting skills are not good enough to make a script from scratch.
Your topic completely makes no sense, NG:RP is based on The Godfather gamemode. Raven Roleplay is an amazing script with amazing features, I recommend it if you wish to start a server, even though you do not use it that easily.

You actually turn the registration system to dialogs, etc., and add more features - then I'll give you a thumbs up!

Let me just say something ''WHY RP?'' If you are going to do rp then make a ''UNIQUE'' Gamemode Not a fucking edit.... Or choose another Gamemode beside's roleplay like.... Mini Games/Mission's I'm just saying ''MAKE IT UNIQUE''

Quote:
Originally Posted by mprofitt
View Post
Talk to the God Father, I hear he has a pretty good script.
You made my day! Also, you may be better joining a existing server if you are not the best at scripting.