Auto Update (Suggestion)

Hello Community !

I think the best feature ever that would be added is an auto updater on the client or when you connect to a sa-mp server. It is really annoying that most of the players don't know you have to update. I suggest adding a little button on the client that you press and that checks for updates. If there is an update, it will download automatically when you click. Also when there is an update, the button turns red or something.

Thanks for reading.

Please reply and write what you think.

Interesting. The problem is many servers stick with an older version for a period. And many dont update to the RC's in-between.

I think you would get a lot of players updating then wondering why they cannot connect to their favourites anymore.

Or another option. Highlight your favorite server and if you need the update it will show up on the side where the server stats are shown.

Perhaps a hotlink to the update page is all that's required? That way the user is able to choose a suitable mirror for the download.

Maybe on your client, if your version is a different version than the server, then the bar displaying the server on your client will be highlighted red (indicating different version). Then on the side there can be an option to upgrade/download to that version.

Then of course you would need a filter to check off servers with different versions.

Good idea, or at least give the players an error that they need to update, when they connect with an old version.

Interesting (and good) idea. I think I agree with lolumadd_ and MrBump about having an indicator next to the servers on your favourites list to avoid people upgrading before their favourite servers etc.

Really good Idea, but some Server run on older SA:MP Versions and then there is the problem again..

(( Got mixed up with the double post ))

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathTone
Посмотреть сообщение
Good idea, or at least give the players an error that they need to update, when they connect with an old version.
Totally Agree!