KOSS headset problem

Hi,
On the laptop I'm using (HP G61 (don't judge)), there are internal PC speakers (duh). However, I'm using my KOSS headset for the audio instead of the PC speakers. It works without problems. That is until I f.ex. turn on my external HDD or start up a program like MS Word 2010, then it fucks up. Somehow, performing these actions "disable" my KOSS headset. It's plugged in, but the PC uses the internal PC speakers instead... Even though it should use the headset (like it's always done when it's plugged in). I'm on Windows 7.

Any help?

- Garsino.

It's been 5 days and no reply. Doesn't anyone know how to solve this? It also happens when I plug in an USB memory stick.

I would like to help but I can't, lol.

My dv6 has two audio outputs and one of the two is "buggy" as well, as in both using my speakers and headphones. So I just use the other one.

But I recently got a problem with my graphics card crashing, and after a while MS told me I should update it. HP does not update their drivers automatically. So go to their site, find your product and look for the driver. A complete re-install of it might help anyhow.

The problem is HP, everyone who has ever had one faced a lot of problems, screen, graphic card, motherboard, ram etc. I guess like IKKE said update or buy a new laptop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [MM]IKKE
View Post
I would like to help but I can't, lol.

My dv6 has two audio outputs and one of the two is "buggy" as well, as in both using my speakers and headphones. So I just use the other one.

But I recently got a problem with my graphics card crashing, and after a while MS told me I should update it. HP does not update their drivers automatically. So go to their site, find your product and look for the driver. A complete re-install of it might help anyhow.
Thanks for the answer, but sadly it didn't work. :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porsche911
View Post
The problem is HP, everyone who has ever had one faced a lot of problems, screen, graphic card, motherboard, ram etc. I guess like IKKE said update or buy a new laptop.
Until recently, I had a 10-years-old HP running perfectly. The only problem I had, was corrupted software (due to my mom's work doing shit with it).

Stop hating on HP, it's a decent brand. It doesn't have the highest performances, but in durability, it's very good. Not everyone likes having a gaming computer...and by the way, Garsino even stated in his first post "Don't judge".

EDIT: Well, I told you I'd like to help you but don't know anything about it

I have the exact same problem, and I actually went that far to uninstall the driver I had for my sound, which worked a little better. Still some problems with it though. My laptop is also a Pavilion dv6.

Try getting a new one, lifetime guarantee

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooney12
View Post
Try getting a new one, lifetime guarantee
I don't think that would work. This is the second headset I ordered, and I had the same problem on my previous one too.

Sounds like a power problem.
Starting something increases cpu load and so power consumption, the same with switching hdd on.
Doesnt have to be a real power issue, but maybe the computer thinks it is and switches off the headset. You could look for a bios update, maybe theres a fix for that.