Procedural Plants

Would be nice if the sun was added too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP2
Посмотреть сообщение
At the minute it's not possible to hide in a bush or place mines, so it doesn't matter really.
All depends what server you are playing!

Either way, a server side disabling would be needed, now this is just my opinion but I think Kalcor could be working on more interesting things than a few bushes just to make the game look nicer!

Enable the procedural plants!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FufLa
Посмотреть сообщение
It could be an option in the sa-mp.cfg (like multicore?) with a command to toggle it ingame "Procedural Plants will be disabled/enabled the next time you connect to a server."
Nice idea!.
I really want this to be added x100!!!!!.

A joke:
pawn Код:
IsPlayerAllergicDeletePlantForPlayer(playerid,0);

One can only hope Kye considers adding this again. It would really add another fun factor to SA-MP again and those that cant handle it could lower their FX settings/disable it (servers could also disable it with a function or an option in the server.cfg).

I'll clarify:

To have plants, players have to enable it via their display settings.
Servers can disable/enable them.

Even if rocks were added, if the server has to enable them it doesn't matter if they're synced on most servers, i.e. a stunt/freeroam/race server.

It's kind of simple:

- Everyone gets plants enabled
- No one gets plants enabled

Otherwise it will desync and benefits for some players in some servers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jochemd
Посмотреть сообщение
It's kind of simple:

- Everyone gets plants enabled
- No one gets plants enabled

Otherwise it will desync and benefits for some players in some servers.
Not really they arent synced anyways so it doesnt matter if certain players dont use them. AFAIK the procedural plants arent that big though so they dont really give others a disadvantage if they have them on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP2
Посмотреть сообщение
Fucking GTA engine.
I've always wanted something like SA:MP on a next gen engine to allow all the ideas I have in my head!
SA:MP is pretty unique, it's really easy to create things you want but there's an obvious drawback because of the age of the engine.
I really hope someone does something like this in the future with a game like this (Maybe Kye again?) but I heard that since the hot coffee mod, publishing companies are against developers to allow modding (At least that's what I heard)
Anyway, sorry I'm going way off topic again...

Or instead of a mod, some game developer should make something like SA:MP 'officially'. In fact I have to design a game concept for college and I've said I want to make something like SA:MP lool. I'd love to make a game like SA:MP as a 'proper' game - no limitations (by Kye or Rockstar, + the aged technology etc.). It would be great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP2
Посмотреть сообщение
Or instead of a mod, some game developer should make something like SA:MP 'officially'. In fact I have to design a game concept for college and I've said I want to make something like SA:MP lool. I'd love to make a game like SA:MP as a 'proper' game - no limitations (by Kye or Rockstar, + the aged technology etc.). It would be great.
Yeah, I would love to do that, I'm just a little far off from making a game (I have to grasp concepts of things such as 3D rendering, culling, limitations of modern computers, all that stuff THEN there's the maths of it all...)
But when I finally get there, it would be a tribute to the awesome SA:MP community and it's developers!
This is the kind of thing only an indie dev would do (Like Mojang and their "let the players decide what's in the game" method)

Just out of interest, what college course requires you to design a game concept? I'm very interested!

Edit: Fuck, I'm off topic again... Oh well, 0.3e is released now, hopefully Kye will think about this for the next version...

Quote:
Originally Posted by [HLF]Southclaw
Посмотреть сообщение
Yeah, I would love to do that, I'm just a little far off from making a game (I have to grasp concepts of things such as 3D rendering, culling, limitations of modern computers, all that stuff THEN there's the maths of it all...)
But when I finally get there, it would be a tribute to the awesome SA:MP community and it's developers!
This is the kind of thing only an indie dev would do (Like Mojang and their "let the players decide what's in the game" method)

Just out of interest, what college course requires you to design a game concept? I'm very interested!

Edit: Fuck, I'm off topic again... Oh well, 0.3e is released now, hopefully Kye will think about this for the next version...
Hope grass got added next time yes!! .

I totally agree to this threat. Enable the plants.
It should in my opinion be toggable by the server, so that all players see the same things in-game.
People with shitty computers should go get a new one then, or quit playing SA-MP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sim_sima
Посмотреть сообщение
I totally agree to this threat. Enable the plants.
It should in my opinion be toggable by the server, so that all players see the same things in-game.
People with shitty computers should go get a new one then, or quit playing SA-MP.
Maybe they can't afford a new computer and they really like SA:MP? You can't tell someone to buy a new computer just because you want a nicer looking feature.
If something was added that stopped some people from playing then that's no way to develop something like this. It's completely the wrong attitude towards it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [HLF]Southclaw
Посмотреть сообщение
Maybe they can't afford a new computer and they really like SA:MP? You can't tell someone to buy a new computer just because you want a nicer looking feature.
If something was added that stopped some people from playing then that's no way to develop something like this. It's completely the wrong attitude towards it.
Did I tell anyone to buy a new computer?
No. I said they will have to buy a new one in order to run the game and keep up with updates.
We live in the 21st century, almost all computers have enough bandwidth to run SA-MP, also with the plants enabled. The last 2% of people, who has old crappy computers might have to buy a new one in order to keep up with the updates and upgrades, like ALL other PC games and electronics in general. You can not expect a computer to last for 10 years and still run new games afterwards.
So I am not the one with the wrong attitude here. The "electronic" and virtual world is constantly improved, and new machines are sometimes needed in order to to follow it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sim_sima
Посмотреть сообщение
Did I tell anyone to buy a new computer?
No. I said they will have to buy a new one in order to run the game and keep up with updates.
We live in the 21st century, almost all computers have enough bandwidth to run SA-MP, also with the plants enabled. The last 2% of people, who has old crappy computers might have to buy a new one in order to keep up with the updates and upgrades, like ALL other PC games and electronics in general. You can not expect a computer to last for 10 years and still run new games afterwards.
So I am not the one with the wrong attitude here. The "electronic" and virtual world is constantly improved, and new machines are sometimes needed in order to to follow it.
YOur thoughts are ather self centerd. People play SAMP in any country you can name, for example I have a ex-admin from one of my servers who's from africa. His PC isnt able to run the game on a high setting, He has everything on the lowest level in order to play and still laggs like hell. I think if you do 'force' players to have these plants its not fair on them, people in countrys that cant afford to change their PC's for your sake will have to play older versions and some may stop playing and move to MTA or somting. If SAMP followed your ideas of development (around you) the mod would no longer be here today. People like you must learn that the world doesnt evolve around them, and other people in other countrys arent as well of as you!. Grow up stop acting like a spoilt child.