SA-MP crashes when joining a server.

Recently my friend was trying to download SA-MP. He downloaded it using steam (I understand they say it's not supported, just continue reading) yet I am using steam and was able to successfully download and install the downgrader as-well as the SA-MP client and run it successfully. Yet, whenever my friend attempts to join a server, he receives an error. At the end of the error, it says his version is EU 1.0, if this has anything to do with it. The rest of the error is just gibberish in my opinion, and I don't have the time for him to send me the whole error.

If anyone could help, it would be appreciated.

Tell him to Buy the Game from the Shop it's really cheap probaly about Ј5 for it then he wont Crash anymore.

Well, considering I got it to work, I do not see why his doesn't work. It is successfully patched and everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindred
Посмотреть сообщение
Well, considering I got it to work, I do not see why his doesn't work. It is successfully patched and everything.

Perhaps you did an extra step that he didn't, there are so many variables during an installation. You can't say that just because I can run AutoCAD on this computer, I can run it on one that's 15 years older than this one just because I got through the installation before and did all of the same steps...

Think about it!

---

Either way, just D/L the DVD version of the game and patch it. Honestly, if you have purchased the game once before, it isn't like your stealing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealCop228
Посмотреть сообщение
Either way, just D/L the DVD version of the game and patch it. Honestly, if you have purchased the game once before, it isn't like your stealing.
That is true, but you must have proof that you have purchased it, incase if the FBI go breaking down your door, you are safe from piracy laws.

If GTA:SA Singleplayer works, Then Reinstall SA-MP.If it don't, Reinstall GTA.