[Tool/Web/Other] [DEV][IOS Application] Online Server Status Checker! [DEV]

SA-MP Online Server Status Checker

Hello the people of SA-MP Forums! My name is Mads, i'm a Objective C Developer.
If you don't know what Objective C is, it's the programming language that i used in the iOS applications.

I've been planning on making this application for some time now. First i thought it would be to advanced for me.
But then i learned more, and now i know how i want to do it.

I'll be using the API by Westie and using NSURLConnection for Objective C.

I have no design ready or anything yet. I'm still trying to find a pretty good design for it.

How does it work?

You enter a IP Address inside of a textfield, then the application will go search for that IP, and get all the information you wanted. Then you can look trough the players, version, gamemode, ect.
More information will come soon!

Does my device has to be jailbroken?

I don't know if your iOS device needs to jailbroken yet. Since Apple will need to look trough the app when i submit.
If the app comes trough you won't need to jailbreak. But if it dosen't you might have to.

How much will it cost?

This Application will 100% free. I'm not looking to charge any money for this. Although after this project i might start on a RCON application. That will maybe cost a little money!

Credits

iMads - Developing the application for iOS.
Westie - Creating the API used for getting the information.

Feedback

Please give feedback/ideas below. I would really appreciate it!

Thank you,
iMads

Hey dude this is cool mane good job.

Also i forgot mention something!

When the user presses the get/connect button it will visit the PHP link via NSURLConnection.

And it will print out returned data!

Thanks

Omg ! nice , i had plan for made a pawn compiler for iOS devices ( but it is soo boring D ) and not too pawners have iOS device... But Good Luck and let me know when you will have it

Cool! Maybe yournext project could be ios server controll panel. Would be great to restart server via ios device.
Will this be for iphone or ipad/retina?

But please make it avaiable for all ios device, cuz i have iPod 2g

Your future project will be the successful one, because there is absolutely no positive outcomes from using this iOS application, besides to know how many players are currently connected.

Thanks for all the feedback!

I've just wanted to create this application to practise in NSURLConnnection.

And this will be avaible for all iOS devices. I think the lowest iOS version is 5.0 i'm not sure though.

And yea a Rcon Control Panel will be my next project!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMads
Посмотреть сообщение
Thanks for all the feedback!

I've just wanted to create this application to practise in NSURLConnnection.

And this will be avaible for all iOS devices. I think the lowest iOS version is 5.0 i'm not sure though.

And yea a Rcon Control Panel will be my next project!
I am excited to use such application on my iPhone so I can keep an eye on my server whenever I am out

So when is the release date ?

My Ideas:-

Add the tabs: Servers | General Info| Players | Search

Okay the first tab will show all list of the servers. Second will be showing the general info about the selected server like hostname, players online X/X, Pings, IP/port, Avg. Players, Gamemode, Map, Server version etc. The third tab must show the list of the players which are inside the selected server with their pings and scores. And the last tab, in which we can search for the server

That's all I've got atm, will post more soon.

Good luck!
-FalconX

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconX
Посмотреть сообщение
I am excited to use such application on my iPhone so I can keep an eye on my server whenever I am out

So when is the release date ?

My Ideas:-

Add the tabs: Servers | General Info| Players | Search

Okay the first tab will show all list of the servers. Second will be showing the general info about the selected server like hostname, players online X/X, Pings, IP/port, Avg. Players, Gamemode, Map, Server version etc. The third tab must show the list of the players which are inside the selected server with their pings and scores. And the last tab, in which we can search for the server

That's all I've got atm, will post more soon.

Good luck!
-FalconX
Thanks alot for the ideas!

Thats also the way i've wanted to do it.

There isen't currently a Release date. I still need to figure out some things before i begin.

Thanks.