Folder messup

Hello

I think I found a bug with the folders in which SAMP stores information.

All the files being installed and used by SAMP are stored in my computer under "C:\Users\Public\Documents\GTA San Andreas User Files\SAMP", as it should (it's also the folder used by gta_sa.exe). The SAMP folder is correctly in it, with "savedpositions.txt", chatlog, screens and "sa-mp.cfg". Except for one file. The file "USERDATA.DAT" saves wrongfully in the folder "C:\Users\%USER%\Documents\GTA San Andreas User Files\SAMP" instead of the "right" public folder (depending on configuration whether this folder is right or not).

Picture of the Public folder - with all the GTA files in it.

Picture of my user folder (yes, my username is "user")

I am currently running the process samp.exe without compatibility mode in Windows 7 (64x). gta_sa.exe runs in Windows ME/2000 compatibility mode. - I think this causes it.

It should save this file to the public folder. It's not a critical bug, but still a bug.

Kind regards
-[MM]IKKE

All my files save in my private directory, including that USERDATA.dat. It doesn't save anything in that public directory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
Посмотреть сообщение
All my files save in my private directory, including that USERDATA.dat. It doesn't save anything in that public directory.
Do you have the same compatibility settings?

I only run samp.exe as admin. That's all.

OS which uses "C:\Users\%user%\Documents\GTA San Andreas User Files":
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows Server 2008
  • Windows Server 2003
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 2000
  • Windows NT 4.0
Windows 98/ME uses: "C:\Users\Public\Documents\GTA San Andreas User Files"

Windows 95 cannot run gta_sa.exe

It's just this one file which doesn't check in what server your other files are saved (as the other SAMP folders actually ARE in the right folder)