Connecting problem

Does anyone know why this is happening to me?
I am using the correct version of SAMP
I wonder if the school blocked it however I did try to change the server port to 80

Well davidlai, why would you connect it at school.. Why dont you try at your own house and you know the school has blocked stuff that are not suspose to be in it..

It's because I am in a boarding school ... And I will need to connect to the server to do some testing..

they are blocking it, use proxy

If they discovered that I am using proxy, they will block my account

Ask the Director to unblock it - Simple as that...

I don't think you can change to port 80 because it's an HTTP port.

so is there any port that i can use ?

I checked all the internet connections and found that the udp port of samp is 56588, is there any that I can change it to another port ?

Your school will block outgoing requests to certain ports, so the firewall is simply blocking your connection to UDP port 7777 on your server.

UDP tunneling is difficult and proxys don't work as they're TCP only. So your best bet, is to try changing the sa-mp server port, from 7777 to say, 53. Port 53 is the port which DNS servers use, and unless you're running a DNS service on your server (unlikely) then you can use this port.

Unless your school has a pretty damn good network administrator (and a local DNS server) then port 53 will be unblocked, and you will be able to connect to it. It may seem a little strange using port 53 instead of 7777, but it should work.

Also, above you mentioned port 56588, which is the local port which is bound to the external connection. This port is chosen at random by the operating system, this is not the port you need to change. You will simply have to change the "port" in the sa-mp server configuration, and change your firewall records to allow port 53 instead of 7777.

DNS also uses UDP instead of TCP hence why it should be open. Port 80 WOULD be a good idea, if HTTP traffic used UDP, but it doesn't, it uses TDP.