[Plugin] SAMP.NET (DotNet / Mono hook) 0.6 BETA

Undergoing Revamp

SAMP.NET is currently undergoing a complete rewrite.
You can keep track of the updates at the SourceForge blog

The source will be hosted at the original GitHub repository and
the binaries for download will be hosted on SourceForge (since GitHub deprecated binary downloading last year.)

Hope to give you an update soon!

So you have started doing something and two days later created a post for it, but you don't even have 1/8 of the actual platform done?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie`
Посмотреть сообщение
So you have started doing something and two days later created a post for it, but you don't even have 1/8 of the actual platform done?
I wanted to let people know of the project. I've actually done a fair amount in 2 days.

The main reason was because I want feedback - I want to know if people are after this sort of thing.
No point making a plugin if no one wants it...

Nice, I wanna see some speed tests

Nice, man, I know some people that will find this very useful, thanks.

There are some peoples that are interested in plugin, so keep working on that, if you need some help or anything, you know address of samp forum . Keep us updated. Peace

I think .Net sa-mp coding will never be the-thing.
Since sa-mp gm scripting is based on pawn, all plugins as based on pawn.
It won't be possible to communicate between these plugins properly.
Pawn is not that much different from .Net code(except vb, but who is grown-up and uses that?)

Its just my opinion...

EDIT : We got a new way to design our game modes?

I hate it when people post unfinished projects here

hmm , sounds intersting
and +1 with Mr.Fames

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikkentim
Посмотреть сообщение
Pawn is not that much different from .Net code(except vb, but who is grown-up and uses that?)

Its just my opinion...
In programming everything is possible , just create worker that will communicate with plugins, especially with them, cuz plugins are written in c++, only thing is, that all inc file should be re-written for .NET

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Fames
Посмотреть сообщение
I hate it when people post unfinished projects here
truth..

Just posting to let you guys know I'm pretty close to a release. I've implemented the interaction between Pawn, C++ and .NET, I just need to add all the functions, so it's simple working but time consuming from here on.

Also, just to let you knows, this plugin is only to replace the gamemode script. I was thinking about possibilities to replace filterscripts too, but I'm not currently working on it.
If it gets high demand then perhaps I'll make it

Will keep you updated.

Looks nice, i'd like to see some speeds after you release it. Keep it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasahiro
Посмотреть сообщение
Also, just to let you knows, this plugin is only to replace the gamemode script. I was thinking about possibilities to replace filterscripts too, but I'm not currently working on it.
If it gets high demand then perhaps I'll make it
Be sure when you release source replacement for fs will be implemented

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoaPsyFactor
Посмотреть сообщение
In programming everything is possible , just create worker that will communicate with plugins, especially with them, cuz plugins are written in c++, only thing is, that all inc file should be re-written for .NET
I'm a 100% sure it is harder than you think
It isn't just another way of coding GM's, it is also running as an ,sub-plugin' on the server.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
It isn't just another way of coding GM's, it is also running as an ,sub-plugin' on the server.
I know what you want to say, but nothing is impossible in programming I'll try to make it, if I fail, someone will success

Hello Guys!
Long time since I posted on the SA-MP boards...
I'm also glad to see that there are still people out there developing .NET wrappers.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение

Its just my opinion...
The main difference between Pawn and .NET is, for me, the OOP it allows.
For the ones who do not understand much of code (for the scripters out there) it's not a big thing.
Now for the real programmers out there used to Java, C# and other object oriented languages a functional, complete, stable and interoping natively .NET/Java library would be the cherry on top of SA-MP.

First it lets you organize, think and make your code in a completely different way, then the development time is so much faster!

It's damn awesome, when you know how to use the force it gives you (you must use the force).

But if you dont know how to use it.... well....

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
CoaPsyFactor, in fact the way to get this wrapper done is creating a plugin,

The problem in here is the interop between a win32 application (unmanaged code) and a .NET application (managed code).

This interop is very annoying and time consuming, it's a "freaking" task, but the final result is awesome.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
The running part is not the bigger problem, as I said earlier the problem here relies on interop, as explained before.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
I know what you want to say, but nothing is impossible in programming I'll try to make it, if I fail, someone will success
You're right, as Einstein said before there are no impossibles, now there are for sure things that in the end (even if they work) are not reliable, because of the degradation and bad performances some solution may lead to.

And finally, to end up my bible-like post:

Yasahiro, if you need any help hit me up
I'll be glad to help you in any way I can.

I've been playing around with the .NET library that interops trough TCP/IP and if you manage to get it interoping natively it'll be LEGEN

(wait for it)

DARY!

Greetings!
And keep up the good work.
Diogo Raminhos

Ok guys quick question. What are the most important functions you'd want in a first beta release?
For the last couple days I've been trying to implement as many functions as I possibly can and porting them to .NET objects. The Player class, a World class etc.
So what are the more important functions to you? I'd like to try and get a download up ASAP, and just update it when I finish the rest.

just release the source and there would be people who would like to implement and finish it.