[Tutorial] SA-MP Backup - Fed up of losing your PWN file?

SA-MP Backup Tutorial

Are you fed up of losing your PWN file? Or are you looking for an older copy? This is the tutorial for you!

In this little instructional thread I will be going over how you can create automatic SA-MP backups for your precious server project. Before we go anywhere currently the settings below override every week, you can enable it so that there are new folders per backup in the settings.

Firstly we will be using a program called 'Karen's Replicator', you can download it from here:

http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/deta...eplicator.html

Once installed and open, click 'edit settings'.

Then click 'New Job'

In the box where it says 'source' this is where your SA-MP Scripting directory is, browse and locate the folder.

For the destination box I advise that you create a folder elsewhere on another HDD or to your Dropbox directory,
Like I have below:

To edit how often it backs up, click 'edit schedule'. The image below is my schedule, it executes every Saturday at 19:00 Weekly.

Click 'Save Job' and you're good to go! To make sure the replicator opens when you login open the replicator and click other settings and copy the settings which I have. This will make sure it opens on logon.

Thanks,

Kyle Smith

Nice tut.

People can also use Git to back up their gamemode, has more advantages to it as well

Damn, thanks but i little too late for me, i guess

Good tutorial,nice work!

Git is so much easier.... but still a great tut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorenc_
View Post
Nice tut.

People can also use Git to back up their gamemode, has more advantages to it as well
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crayder
View Post
Git is so much easier.... but still a great tut.
And what happens if GitHub is down or your internet is down?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleSmith
View Post
Neither of us said GitHub. Git is it's own thing. GitHub is just a web client for Git. There are a lot of git clients, the main one just being the official git bash. I, for example, use SmartGit, which can even be used to control GitHub and other git clients' repositories.

Quote:
View Post
You can synchronize your repository, then on your computer will make a backup of your project.

Quote:
View Post
Maybe you should try Git, you'll never turn back.

Ok with YOUR way, what happens if your HDD/SSD crashes with no chance of recovery (E.G fire or w.e)?

I see it has a folder destination option. You can easily set it to dropbox/onedrive/****** drive. That's good but what about people who aren't doing that

Quote:
View Post
Git is designed to work offline. You don't need an internet connection to use it since you have your local copy of the repository that you can sync when you're connected again. And GitHub's up time is virtually 100%.