JiHost

Jihost is down from 4 days i need update my damn server and they won't answer my mails!
sO:

Is jihost a sh*t or my internet connection won't connect to their site?

It's also down for me,

just change the damn host.

I heard from someone they where closing down, but not informing current clients is realy bad.

We have been under strong DDoS attack since Monday, and we still are.

Typical... This is what happens when you use one Ј5 VPS for everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiHost
Посмотреть сообщение
We have been under strong DDoS attack since Monday, and we still are.
Everyone says that when they're actually having problems with their dedicated servers/vps's rather than saying they're just having technical problems. Face it, you just suck in keeping everything online. People like you should not even bother starting a "company".

wHEN the site will come back?

BTW: You should send a mail to the clients....

Seems JiHost are unproffesional when it comes with client support.. server been down from Monday and not 1 customer was informed about it.. Nice communication JiHost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorazix
Посмотреть сообщение
Everyone says that when they're actually having problems with their dedicated servers/vps's rather than saying they're just having technical problems. Face it, you just suck in keeping everything online. People like you should not even bother starting a "company".

If the ddos attack is so extreme that they cannot access their own servers - how do you expect them to send an e-mail to everyone informing them of the attack? ... -_-

Import database backup
Compile list of emails
Send mass email

PROFIT!!!

Well, not really profit, practically the opposite of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgon
View Post
Import database backup
Compile list of emails
Send mass email

PROFIT!!!

Well, not really profit, practically the opposite of it.
How do they access their database to export a copy of the clients emails in the first place exactly? I'm sure they've mentioned something on their Twitter if they have one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley
View Post
How do they access their database to export a copy of the clients emails in the first place exactly? I'm sure they've mentioned something on their Twitter if they have one?
When you register u need to tell your mail then they send you a mail so they should have you as contact...

PS: WHEN the site will come back?

Given that this is a professional hosting company that you are talking about, I can only assume that they make daily backups of all their servers, keeping at least the last 28 days worth of data. Thus, accessing client information (which shouldn't even be on their main hosting server and thus not exposed to DDoS) would be trivial.

I don't recommendet this host!

Kids just shouldnt try to lead commercial companies. If its really a ddos attack they/he actually cant do much, but the problem management seems just to be horrible. This one is just an example for whats gonna happen to all "hosting companies" like this some time.

There should be better communication... Like twitter or facebook where customers can see what's going on. Or a separate domain hosted by some other major host so it will work when jihost is attacked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColorHost-Kevin
View Post
I wish the best for JiHost in this situation, but this forum is correct that there should be some form of communication open. (Facebook/Twitter)
http://twitter.com/#!/JiHost

Do some research before blaming them for something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max_Coldheart
View Post
http://twitter.com/#!/JiHost

Do some research before blaming them for something.
Well look at them, their last tweet was on 5 of January.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley
View Post
Frequent backups as some other posters replied.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColorHost-Kevin
View Post
They may have one, but it is not being used for communication with clients.
Still you claim that they do not have one, which they obviously do have. Correct your facts please.