SA:MP - Basic setup

Hi there,

I am new to the forum and thought I'd introduce myself.
I run uLabs Network. uLabs is a worldwide network which is managing all uLabs websites, networks and upcoming projects. Projects include so far: A music website (was once a radio station), a general internet forum, a social network, a directory and a web designing company. Our new project is YourGTA.

On topic
YourGTA is a new GT:SA private server, and I've joined to gain some experience and get help. I'm sure I'll help out a little in return uLabs have set up the private server, and can be connected from anywhere, as far as we know. When the game loads, however, there are no cars or people on the road? Is this normal? Perhaps it is the game mode I have it set to? I have searched through the wiki to look into what I'm dealing with however haven't come across anything like that.

I'm also interested in adding mods such as people, cars and maps. I'll look for a website, or point me in the right direction to a site that provides downloads such as this? And explain very briefly how I have to apply these modifications to the server?

Thank you for your help,
YourGTA

Welcome to sa-mp forums YourGTA. There are no cars or people in sa-mp, only players and NPC's that you have to script yourself. This is all done server sided, the people in GTA SA are client sided. Take a look in the gamemode section and the filterscripts section for more information.

Ah, thanks a lot for that. Is it possible to explain very briefly how to install mods?

Sorry but SA-MP Do not Support Mod's. But If you really really want mods give me a PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourGTA
Посмотреть сообщение
Ah, thanks a lot for that. Is it possible to explain very briefly how to install mods?
If you downloaded the server pack from the SA-MP website, it should start with grand larceny gamemode by default.

You can download gamemodes from this section: http://forum.sa-mp.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71.

Just put the files in their correct folders, set server.cfg correctly and start the server. Changing the gamemode isn't a big deal at all. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn
Посмотреть сообщение
If you downloaded the server pack from the SA-MP website, it should start with grand larceny gamemode by default.

You can download gamemodes from this section: http://forum.sa-mp.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71.

Just put the files in their correct folders, set server.cfg correctly and start the server. Changing the gamemode isn't a big deal at all. :P
Thanks, that was very helpful Do I just copy /gamemodes files or the entire folder (contains server and everything)

Depends on the gamemode. If it doesn't use any filterscripts and/or plugins, then you don't need anything other than the gamemode file (just the .amx is needed for running a server).

Anyway, I suggest copying the entire folder.

Yeah extract the entire directory from the .zip package.

Thank you, is there anything else I need to know whilst setting up my server?

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourGTA
Посмотреть сообщение
Welcome to the SA-MP forums YourGTA.

https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=334163

You can learn how to install mods or make them here.