Creating a roleplay server.

Hello fellow scripters.

I'm thinking of making a roleplay server taking place in Fort Carson. I need some advice on vhere to start, like what do i need to script first and so on. Any ideas?

First you need to save all players information you can use Mysql for thar or any INI writer

I've got my y_ini set up allready.

- Use svn or repository software to keep track of everything you do / changes etc.
- make all of your locations, spawns, entrances, everything dynamic, so you can easily move them later
- think about getting help.

That may sound like a joke, and it kind of is, however the truth is, when the gamemode gets complicated enough to be almost good, keeping track of it will drive you mad. With repository software you can have numerous people working on the script at any time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael
Посмотреть сообщение
- Use svn or repository software to keep track of everything you do / changes etc.
- make all of your locations, spawns, entrances, everything dynamic, so you can easily move them later
- think about getting help.

That may sound like a joke, and it kind of is, however the truth is, when the gamemode gets complicated enough to be almost good, keeping track of it will drive you mad. With repository software you can have numerous people working on the script at any time.
That's exactly the problem i have, except my script wasn't good. I made a whole property and business system, the saving of the properties, the saving of the player's stats, then all the pickups, virtual world, interiors.........

Gets really hard to work later on.