A challenge

Well i was thinking, since i'm not a pro scripter i thought i would pass on my idea.

My idea is a new type of gamemode similar to rp.

My idea is to create a gm that includes moving ships and people able to drive them. These ships would be used to transport people.

Example : People in los santos driving to the port to catch a ship going to sf port.

Now to drive a ship you need a rank so people dont spam ships.

If you decide to do this you will need custom mappings for interior of the ships and also mapping for ports. Interiors should be big for vehicles.

PS : This should be added in trucking servers.

Good luck

It's not really a gamemode, more of a filterscript. It sounds good I guess. Good luck to whoever decides to make it!

Maybe like, You could use it to smuggle materials? or LSPD weapons, and it can rply be taken over every like 8 hours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazed.
Посмотреть сообщение
Maybe like, You could use it to smuggle materials? or LSPD weapons, and it can rply be taken over every like 8 hours?
You decide, original idea was for public transport like in real life but you can develop it into anything you want.

i have actually seen something like this, it is a ferry that transports trucks to a custom made island from LS.
anyways this is a nice idea

This kinda was made by Double-O-Seven:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBWv0rVpx8s[/ame]
I cannot find a link but the ini was called Double-O-Ships

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plastic
Посмотреть сообщение
PS : This should be added in trucking servers.
No.
TRUCKING servers shouldn't do that (at least not if the server administration has a little bit of brain).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drebin
Посмотреть сообщение
No.
TRUCKING servers shouldn't do that (at least not if the server administration has a little bit of brain).
Why not? They could carry the trucks with cargo overseas for a fee.

Happens irl aswell

Delete please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plastic
Посмотреть сообщение
Why not? They could carry the trucks with cargo overseas for a fee.
Which is impossible if the ship/ferry doesn't drive on a straight line.
Since vehicles don't follow moving objects if they're standing on them, you have to use SetVehicleVelocity with a timer, which only works in a straight line and can not rotate the trucks+trailers on their axis to follow the ship movement.