GTA SA-MP ON MAC?

I have searched around for hours now and I have not found any concrete answers.
Can I play SA-MP on mac?

I have San Andreas v1.01 and it works singleplayer.
I tried with SA-MP sometimes and it says "Cannot find 800*600*32 video mode"

And other times it says i have to find the directory - but its blank. I cant locate the directory.
Sorry for bad english

4gb ram
2.7 GHz i7

-JM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanMiguell
Посмотреть сообщение
I have San Andreas v1.01 and it works singleplayer.
You need v1.00 to play SA-MP. I'm not sure if the downgrader will work through wine, though.

http://grandtheftauto.filefront.com/...er_Patch;74661

this is the patch.

Install windows 7 on your mac <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP2
Посмотреть сообщение
Install windows 7 on your mac <3
bootcamp :P

Wine.
Megusta <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by (A)rray
Посмотреть сообщение
Wine.
Megusta <3
Have you got any tutorial? I would appreciate if you could put one link here.

Download Crossover or wine
Download a windows version of GTA SA
Use CrossOver to open the windows version
once you have the windows single player working on your mac download SAMP using crossover and then you can play, I use mac to play.

Or
Download Parallel, download windows 8 (it's free in beta at the moment) once you have windows 8 just download gta sa and samp normally, if you have Parallel you can still use your mac software but you can open up windows 8 in about 10 seconds while keeping your normal mac running in the background till you exit Parallel, it's really simple
Go onto ******* and search: how to get windows 8 on mac using parallel, and then just download samp and GTA the normal way you would on windows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce_Norris
Посмотреть сообщение
Download Crossover or wine
Download a windows version of GTA SA
Use CrossOver to open the windows version
once you have the windows single player working on your mac download SAMP using crossover and then you can play, I use mac to play.

Or
Download Parallel, download windows 8 (it's free in beta at the moment) once you have windows 8 just download gta sa and samp normally, if you have Parallel you can still use your mac software but you can open up windows 8 in about 10 seconds while keeping your normal mac running in the background till you exit Parallel, it's really simple
Go onto ******* and search: how to get windows 8 on mac using parallel, and then just download samp and GTA the normal way you would on windows
I've done that and everything is OK, but when I try to play SAMP appears the single player screen. What should I do next?

Quote:

I've done that and everything is OK, but when I try to play SAMP appears the single player screen. What should I do next?

You now have three options

Option 1) Just hide under your bed and cry
Option 2) you have installed SA:MP to the wrong folder or you have the wrong version of San Andreas. If you have the wrong version it's easy to fix. . Click here to download the downgrade patch.
Option 3 (not really an option but meh) )Sometimes the single-player menu will be shown, but SA:MP will have in fact loaded properly. To fix this you simply need to select an item on the menu then press esc until you're out of it, then SA:MP will proceed to load.

Please don't take option one seriously...

Samp isn't created for mac so prepare your ass to test all month

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce_Norris
Посмотреть сообщение
You now have three options

Option 1) Just hide under your bed and cry
Option 2) you have installed SA:MP to the wrong folder or you have the wrong version of San Andreas. If you have the wrong version it's easy to fix. . Click here to download the downgrade patch.
Option 3 (not really an option but meh) )Sometimes the single-player menu will be shown, but SA:MP will have in fact loaded properly. To fix this you simply need to select an item on the menu then press esc until you're out of it, then SA:MP will proceed to load.

Please don't take option one seriously...
thank you so much, I was thinking about taking the first option but in the afternoon I will try the 2 other options.

Hello, I'm still with the same problem I had at the start... -.-

First, I've reinstalled all the GTA and SAMP, in the same folder. When I try to execute the gta_sa.exe or samp.exe with Wine appears this:

(gta_sa.exe has a problem and needs to close. We apologise blah blah blah)

When I try with Crossover, it goes directly to the singleplayer. I'm sure that I have the GTA and SAMP installed in the same folder. ,

I've the v1.01 european version of the game so, I can't install the patch.

So, what else I can I do? I'm thinking seriously about hiding under my bed and crying loud...

sorry for my bad english

Update wine! If you don't have it installed, install it!

SA-MP Works fine on ubuntu using wine, assuming it uses the same principals

WineHQ Download Center

Thanks,

Jack_Rocker

Like Jack_Rocker said, sa-mp works fine on ubuntu(using ubuntu at this moment, works fine)
You should upgrade your wine version or install again(if that one you have installed is the "os" default)

Install XQuartz to replace X11, SA-MP never worked for me with the latter.

I believe I used MacPorts to install wine and then winetricks, and I used winetricks to install the d3dx9 libraries that were missing (and possibly the .net framework). I had to repeat the process about 4 times though because installing the wrong package meant starting all over again.
Basically install XQuartz, wine, winetricks, try to run SA-MP and keep installing the packages/files it says you're missing if it won't start.

Hi,

You can play SAMP on Mac, I play on too.

You need to avoid wine (http://www.davidbaumgold.com/tutorials/wine-mac/)

And put your CD of GTA in your Superdrive, right clic, open with wine.

If your game is already installed, just install the patch and SAMP with wine, and it will work FINE.

Installing other OS is the way try Linux it's suites the Mac and it's also compatible to SA:MP

What model and version of the software you all have? 'Cause I'm sure that I'm the only one who has a MacBook with 10.5.8 Leopard

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiaWallace
Посмотреть сообщение
What model and version of the software you all have? 'Cause I'm sure that I'm the only one who has a MacBook with 10.5.8 Leopard
Just update your wine version for the last one, and will run fine sa-mp.