materialcolor

How do I set it to actually BE the material color I set? Like, I want to make an object exactly green (00FF00), but it just comes out as a dark green. Yes I know it's AGBR. I tried putting the color with a white texture, but still it's really dark :/

I have the same problem. I tried to change the color of this tree to red:

But when I try to just replace the texture with the original texture in a red color, it just darkens, and it does the same for every color I try to use (and yes, I'm using the AGBR format):

Simply replacing it with a matcolour texture won't work obviously, because the leaf structure dissappears and just fills the entire texture with a mat colour:

So I think this classifies as a bug, because the color variable just doesn't work. I've re-tried it with like..10 objects and every object with a different color, but it just doesn't work.

No. It's like changing the vehicle color when the vehicle has a paint job. The 'color' parameter is just a color 'mask'.
It will work perfectly on white textures. You can still make an workaround, though.

The color overlays on the texture, like Stewieґ said. The leafs look plain red like that because it is modeled like that, however the leafs have a semi transparent texture, you are replacing it with a solid red texture.

You are placing a color over the texture, NOT changing the hue of the texture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by admantis
Посмотреть сообщение
The color overlays on the texture, like Stewieґ said. The leafs look plain red like that because it is modeled like that, however the leafs have a semi transparent texture, you are replacing it with a solid red texture.

You are placing a color over the texture, NOT changing the hue of the texture.
I know that, I was giving an example of why that doesn't work. I just thought that the 'color' variable was meant to change the actual color of the texture, not give the texture an 'overlay'. It kind of defeats the purpose of having a 'color' variable in the first place..

I set a WHITE texture to 0xFF0000FF (red, yes?), and it was a really DARK red.

If you want to get rid of ARGB, use this.

Some objects behave a bit strange. They get a dark color, it's not the fault of the script or something, it's related to the object somehow ...
Try to color the 0.3d Mall object and it will get kinda black ...