[BUG?] SetObjectMaterial Color

I created this wall (0.3e object):
pawn Код:
myobject = CreateObject(19371, 2035.97, 1341.60, 10.31,   0.00, 0.00, 0.00);
And wrap the texture of one of the 0.3d easter eggs around it (white egg with coloured stripes):
pawn Код:
SetObjectMaterial(myobject, 0, 19341, "egg_texts", "easter_egg01", 0xFFFF00FF);
I entered the colour for yellow, but the texture becomes purple. If I put the colour of the purple, the texture gets yellow. If I put blue, green or aqua blue, the object becomes transparent. Only if I put red the texture axtually gets painted red.
I tried that with 3 different textures which all have different default colours, and it's always the same.

Is this a problem with the textures themself, or is it a bug?

Try to put alpha on AA or 10

Nope, I just got it :P
(damnit, always after I made a topic about it )

You have to use ABGR format, the opacity first, and then the colours (Blue Green Red).
I got confused since you use RGBA colours in client messages and labels, and I used this kind of colour

With ABGR format all colours work properly.

Makes no sense if it is inverted. So it's probably a bug anyway.

offtopic, but somehow relating:
sometimes the most odd formats are the common ones, like your cellphones' camera image chip: i bet that its snapping pictures in this format:
Код:
BG
GR
with 10 bits (or more) per channel (RAW), and converts it to RGB with 8 bits (PNG) each
10b10g10g10r becomes 8r8g8b... what a waste heheh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
Посмотреть сообщение
Makes no sense if it is inverted. So it's probably a bug anyway.
No, the problem was that I used the wrong colour format, so eg. the value for red in my colour code was green in the colour code I hat to use, which lead to a mixing of the colours.
I used RGBA instead of ABGR.

this should work, tested and works fine so far Credits to ******, learned colours off him :P

pawn Код:
stock ShiftRGBAToABGR(&color)
{
    new r, g, b, a;
    r = (color >>> 24);
    g = (color >>> 16 & 0xFF);
    b = (color >>> 8 & 0xFF);
    a = (color  & 0xFF);
    color = (a & 0xFF) | ((b & 0xFF) << 8) | ((g & 0xFF) << 16) | (r << 24);
    return color;
}

I think it should be changed to prevent confusion, especially for those who haven't read this topic.

Yes I agree, it should be changed. We have used RGBA throughout the entire life of SA:MP, something different is just going to cause mass confusion. Just imagine how many topics are going to appear in scripting discussion about this.

It is written on the Wiki that the color format is ABGR, so why should you change it? I always look at the Wiki before I mess around with a function where I don't know how it exactly works.