[Tutorial] Another way to make a Dialog.

*removed*

Easy and it work, thank you!

More of a code snippet than a tutorial, and why would you create a whole new 500 cell variable just to use it in the exact same way anyway?

This is strcat, it's not very new, and this isn't really much of a tutorial.. Wouldn't you be teaching how to use something?

*sigh*

You could improve this by giving more examples, reasons to use it, et cetera.

Err.
Tired of those noobs around.
Alright, I'll make a video. Happy?

Edit: Changed it to 100, TheKiller. -.-

strcat is usefull if the list string is over 512. So it would make more sense if 'msg' was larger than 100 cells.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macluawn
Посмотреть сообщение
strcat is usefull if the list string is over 512. So it would make more sense if 'msg' was larger than 100 cells.
That is true, but the way he's using strcat wouldn't make any differences. If you split the string up into multiple segments, then strcat would come into good use. Just for a single part string, I just don't see the point.

pawn Код:
new msgStr [ 528 ];
strcat( msgStr, "Hello this is an extremely long string. I have to somehow use 528 characters in this example, and I'm not" );
strcat( msgStr, " sure how I am going to do it! I suppose two of these will do, so you get the point by now." );
ShowPlayerDialog( playerid, DIALOGID, DIALOG_STYLE_MSGBOX, "This is a Title!", msgStr, "OK", "" );
Close enough.