[URGENT] Script stealing host

Hello. I come from Croatia. I represent main developers of one truely best RPG servers on Balcan, GeForce. We have pretty serious case on our server. Since all things are ready for our global restart, we decided to get new host witch has MySQL support. And here's a situation. Old host, witch we were paying fair and square, stolen our script and database and probbably sold or just given to one guy who's good with Administrator of that host. What can we do about it? I can easily collect and post some key evidence, because similarity of their script and forum with ours is nearly 99%. No doubt that script is stolen. It's not our mistake, guy who has Game.Hr host fucked us up. Please give me some suggestions how we can legally shut that stealing server down. Server is called Unique SAMP. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shithead
View Post
Hello. I come from Croatia. I represent main developers of one truely best RPG servers on Balcan, GeForce. We have pretty serious case on our server. Since all things are ready for our global restart, we decided to get new host witch has MySQL support. And here's a situation. Old host, witch we were paying fair and square, stolen our script and database and probbably sold or just given to one guy who's good with Administrator of that host. What can we do about it? I can easily collect and post some key evidence, because similarity of their script and forum with ours is nearly 99%. No doubt that script is stolen. It's not our mistake, guy who has Game.Hr host fucked us up. Please give me some suggestions how we can legally shut that stealing server down. Server is called Unique SAMP. Thanks.
Open up a paypal dispute and get your money back, if that's possible. You didn't mention the name of the host

What is the name of this host thats stealing so people know who to not trust?

Seems like a bad case here, hope you can get your money back.

delete this post

uploading the .pwn is not required, barely the .amx, perhaps you should take that in consideration to avoid script theft.

the most you can do is aware the other players and open a dispute to retrieve your money back, because besides that the script is already distributed, it's already in the internet, and you can't take it off unless you're the law.

Yeah you only need to upload the .amx, as that is a complied version of your gamemode and does not store your gamemode coding.

And you still can add anti deamx, that will protect your script, from the anti deamx and others descompiling programs.

Can you reccomend me best anti deamx? Thanks guys for all recomendations. I already knew all of them, but seems to be that person who stealed script used deamx, but I had protection from deamx, but it seems to be lame version. Can you recommend me some good anti deamx? Thanks

If you dont trust SA-MP hosts than you should get yourself VPS or dedicated from some serious and popular company.

Quote:
View Post
Can you reccomend me best anti deamx? Thanks guys for all recomendations. I already knew all of them, but seems to be that person who stealed script used deamx, but I had protection from deamx, but it seems to be lame version. Can you recommend me some good anti deamx? Thanks
if you uploaded only and solely the compiled AMX version of your script, but your source-code was obtained with the PWN, you shouldn't be so much concerned, because the script will be almost unreadable, due all the variables having awkward names that only are recognizeable by the computer. He might have the script, but can edit little from it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by int3s0
View Post
If you dont trust SA-MP hosts than you should get yourself VPS or dedicated from some serious and popular company.
That's what i recommend too.
Get your own VPS and setup your server there as i did.
And i'm happy with it aswell.

If your gamemode has 10k + lines, you don't need any anti deamx since its probably impossible to deamx that big gamemode. So, from now on, post only the .amx in server files and they can steal your gamemode but won't be able to edit it or anything.

Gamemode has 61129 lines.

Quote:
View Post
Gamemode has 61129 lines.
More than 10k.

Do this..Charge your money back (Open a dispute on Paypal) & next time only upload the .amx file and keep the .pwn file to your self & your developers.