Bukkit for SA-MP?

Well, I've been playing minecraft recently, and it made me wonder... How would something like bukkit for SA-MP turn out?

Bukkit for SA-MP would include things like plugins loadable in the form of filterscripts, and an API available for creating plugins. It could have things like AuthMe, Essentials, permissions, Factions, etc. It would have most of the normal essentials/bukkit/factions commands like /tp, /tphere, /tpa, /tpahere, /ban, /kick, /help, /sethome, /home, /give, /f

For those who have played minecraft, and know what bukkit is, I want your opinion. Is this a good idea or a bad one?

Cool idea man :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schurman
Посмотреть сообщение
Well, I've been playing minecraft recently, and it made me wonder... How would something like bukkit for SA-MP turn out?

Bukkit for SA-MP would include things like plugins loadable in the form of filterscripts, and an API available for creating plugins. It could have things like AuthMe, Essentials, permissions, Factions, etc. It would have most of the normal essentials/bukkit/factions commands like /tp, /tphere, /tpa, /tpahere, /ban, /kick, /help, /sethome, /home, /give, /f

For those who have played minecraft, and know what bukkit is, I want your opinion. Is this a good idea or a bad one?
Bukkit is just another server launcher (with more features & support for those scripts). Basically, a "bukkit for SA:MP" would be a new samp-server.exe (and all the other required files).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garsino
Посмотреть сообщение
Bukkit is just another server launcher (with more features & support for those scripts). Basically, a "bukkit for SA:MP" would be a new samp-server.exe (and all the other required files).
Yeah. I won't be doing that, obviously.

My brother said SA-MP should have the same thing.

I say no. It doesn't sound like a good idea at all to be honest. To me, it just seems like it'd be a waste of time..

it's a good idea but it's not really required.
Minecraft's bukkit was a success because there is no such thing as "scripting" in minecraft nor has a gamemode developing tool or scripting language to develop your own scripts, like we dispose of PAWN and the PAWNO compiler..
so you can make all these things downloading filterscripts or scripting them by yourself in SAMP.

stuff like "permissons" is needed?; no because there is nothing to give permissons. San Andreas is a game to run arround and kill people stupid, you can't place a chest and protect it, because the closest thing to an inventory is the weapon scrolling system.

N__O

No. SAMP does not need this.

Bukkit(minecraft) is a resource eater D:
i have a 6GB Ram server, and the minecraft is using all ram on it, ever when i add restrictions on it, continues eating D:

SA-MP is a sort of API of itself. You can just make the commands in Pawn without someone bothering to make something quite useless as Bukkit for SA-MP.