Server hosting.

Hello.

Should I purchase an Dedicated Server, Virtual Private Server or Server Host Provider (Volt-host)? Also, I will be looking to run a team-speak server and I will need web-hosting. Should I buy them from separate providers? Or should I get a dedicated server instead. I have a monthly budget of 50-100 USD. In my country the currency is different - BBD (Barbadian Dollar or Bajan Dollar) so I can't afford to spend a lot of money.
What I am basically asking is I need a great average performance system at a reasonable price (In my budget). This is including Teamspeak, Webhosting, Game Server.

Regards.

Host it on your dedi much cheaper ( if thats what you're asking. )
but if you don't want to overload your servers you can find a different host to host something on.

Note I suggest getting something else for the website. My website eats about 5 - 20gb a month. If you have a limited bandwidth on your dedi then you should buy a web host they are really cheap. If you're interested I can help you find a good host, pm me

What I mean is,
I want to host all my servers (TeamSpeak, Game Server, Webhosting) from one provider, instead from separate providers.

Check your PM.

If you're only using the VPS for SA-MP hosting, you might aswell just go with a provider, you'll get better support that way. 50BBD is more than enough for SA-MP hosting, and then get shared hosting from another website, most providers host websites aswell, though.

Buy 3 VPS ...that way you dont have to spent much.

You can run a Teamspeak server SAMP and website hosting in a one VPS machine without any issues, depending on your specs.

When I managed my own community, we had a TeamSpeak with a different host, and the gameserver on a private VPS under one of our machines.

Worked a charm, and we just CNAME'd our domain to direct ts3.domain.com to the teamspeak server, and sa.domain.com to the SA:MP server.

If you'v got the essential RAM, then why not host both on the same machine.

A VPS seems right for you at the moment.
~512MB RAM should work just fine, maybe even 256MB.

Make sure you use Nginx instead of Apache, you'll be amazed how much memory you save.
Also, make sure you check your provider's ToS for game servers; some don't allow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VOXrr
View Post
A VPS seems right for you at the moment.
~512MB RAM should work just fine, maybe even 256MB.

Make sure you use Nginx instead of Apache, you'll be amazed how much memory you save.
Also, make sure you check your provider's ToS for game servers; some don't allow.
Teamspeak, webhosting and a sa-mp, needs at least 1gb ram, to run without freezes and/or lag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by (A)rray
View Post
Teamspeak, webhosting and a sa-mp, needs at least 1gb ram, to run without freezes and/or lag.
You obviously have no idea what you are talking about.
If SA:MP server is optimized, it won't use a lot of RAM.
As long as he is not receiving enormous traffic, apache2 and teamspeak should be fine too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironboy500[TW]
View Post
You obviously have no idea what you are talking about.
If SA:MP server is optimized, it won't use a lot of RAM.
As long as he is not receiving enormous traffic, apache2 and teamspeak should be fine too.
When you have a full teamspeak server running and server, you may want to have free ram for server updates, and since he is going to use a mysql, he will need about 200mb ram for mysql server.

Quite honestly, you can get a fully functioning Web Server Stack (LNMP) running with less than 64MB RAM.
Heck, I have a VPS with 64MB RAM powering a WordPress site with no problems at all.
If you want to be adventurous, you could throw SA:MP onto it as well, like a baws.

Sure, if you just 'apt-get install mysql-server', you'll get awful performance.
Fine tune it, and you'll be amazed what you can do with minimal resources.

Thanks for all the response.

Dedi is way better, provides more less lag.