GetPlayerTargetPlayer...

Can it please be fixed to work for controllers? Kalcor said it DOES work for controllers, but it does not.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rYNvbC0U7s[/ame]

I reported this in 0.3d, but it was never fixed.

Hm, but for other player it's good that GetPlayerTargetPlayer doesn't work with Joypad.
I'm able to detect Joypadder, when they try to shoot someone, because GetPlayerTargetPlayer returns 65356 (or something like this) and i can kick this clients.

Why would you want to kick joypad users? Many people use them. You're just killing your player-base doing that. Joypad users have a major disadvantage when shooting on foot, because when someone shoots NEAR them, it locks on to them, and when they lock on to someone, because of lag, it has no effect. So what's the problem? Joypad users have an advantage in vehicles and a disadvantage on foot, and keyboard users have an advantage on foot and a disadvantage in vehicles. It's fair.

Though I like this issue for prevent joypaders, doesn't matter what the people can make exploring a bug, probabbly it will be fixed.

you would want to kick joypadders because if you use OnPlayerGiveDamage for skin hit sync, joypadders would have an aimbot, using a joypad in vehicle wouldn't mess up with GetPlayerTargetPlayer so you can still use it in a vehicle

I guess so. This should be fixed regardless, and IsPlayerUsingJoypad added.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP2
View Post
Joypad users have an advantage in vehicles and a disadvantage on foot, and keyboard users have an advantage on foot and a disadvantage in vehicles. It's fair.
I'll sound retarded, but I'll say it anyways:

How do they have an advantage?

In vehicles? Well it's actually quite biased. I can not play with a keyboard. I just can't do it. I crash in to everything. Fancy a race? Joypad vs keyboard?

I like both keyboard and joypad(I enjoy it )
Bug confirmed, and hope it will be fixed

Confirmed.

I don't hope it will be fixed, I hate aimbotters.