[Tutorial] Making a successfull Server [ROLEPLAY][UPDATED: 21/03/2012]

Updated on 21/03/2012 by Spooky

Introduction
What is roleplay?
Before start a roleplay server you must have knowledge of roleplaying and knowing what is roleplay and what are its features in it. Roleplay means playing a role of a particular character, like you do in real life(IRL) You must do everything in a server like you do in real life(IRL).

Definitions and shortforms in a server.
There is a list of rules and definitions which a owner should know them and have their knowledge.
  • IC
    IC means In character. It means that you are in character, You are roleplaying as you are doing in real life.

OOC
    OOC means Out Of Character. It means that you are not in character and not roleplaying, you can do anything you want without breaking the rules of the server.

RK
    RK means Revenge Killing. It means that if you are killed IC'ly by someone and then you again goes to himand kill him to take revenge. It is non-rp and you should not do it if you have IC reason. In real life you do not do it. When you die In real life and do not take another life and goes to kill the killer.

PK
    PK means Player Killing. It means if you are killed IC'ly by someone you must not change the name, you will IC'ly loose some hours memory IC'ly. It means you dont always have to change name.

CK
    CK means Character Killing. It means killing off a character IC'ly and you must change your name and loose all of your memory IC'ly forget everything and play as a new character again.

DM
    You are already knowing what DM means. It means Deathmatching, killing near by players without any IC reason is called DM'ing. Its just against the rules dont do that.

PG
    PG means Powergaming, Forcing actions towards other players. It gives you an unfair chance of running from Roleplay etc.

MG
    MG means Metagaming, Mixing OOC and IC is called metagaming.

BH
    BH means Bunny hopping, pressing the jump key repeatedly is bunnyhopping, it gives an unfair chance to you going somewhere fast. And you do not do it IRL.
Script Work
What you have to do?
Your script must have unique features not like other servers. my suggestion is not to use GF or any other scripts, If you are a good scripter then make a good script from scratch. if you are not so good in scripting then you can edit a script, but your script should be nicely edited, not only names edit and using script. If you do this it will cause a flood of GF edit of a roleplay servers.

What features it should have?
  • > A nice admin system, with anti abuse of commands. (So they could not abuse that command on them.)
    > Bug free script. (There should not be a abusable or a Major bug in the server.)
    > A nice Housing system. (Housing system should not be only buying or selling a house. There should be a use of house also, like storing things in the house like weapons.)
    > A Business system. (Same as house system, you should store cash or get payouts. Enterance fee.)
    > Most of the systems should be automated. (Dont need admins always.)
    > Add NPC's for more Rolepaly.
    > Dont make commands like it spams our screen and we cant find a command. ( Use dialogs for /help and /ahelp)
    > Have a nice admin team, no refunds, no free VIP/Donator, And no Hostname Hiring Admins.
    > You should also have good skill of RP and learn it from above or playing some RP servers and getting some knowledge from ******/*******.)
    > Never abuse your commands even you are owner like giving you a level 999999999 without gainiing. People gets bored that they wont get the highest level in the server. Even if they play a lot.
    > Always play in a way like other players play.
    > Never hack in your own server even if you are setting interior, If you want to hack then hack but people should not get that. It will give a bad impression of the server.
POST UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Dont reply please.
Sorry for my bad eng

Ummm.... why should you make a tutorial on how to create a successful RP server? If the owner doesn't know, he obviously shouldn't own one!

Wrong section. This section is for Scripting Tutorials if you can read.

I know, I am creating this thread and everything should be explained, there is not other forums for this.
I will tell all features which should be added to the good rp server
and there will be no noob rp servers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooky
View Post
I know, I am creating this thread and everything should be explained, there is not other forums for this.
I will tell all features which should be added to the good rp server
and there will be no noob rp servers.
if the server owner doesn't know how to make a successful server, he shouldn't make one at all.
This (scripting) tutorial is pointless.

Dude, You have not seen a lots of RP server using a GF Edit and does not change the name too lol
Its not pointless but its W.I.P thats why you are saying that.

At the moment this tutorial is unless for this section. This section is meant to be Script/Scripting tutorials.

I hope you update this thread with something useful referring to scripting a (role-play) server.

I will update it ASAP.

UPDATED: Added script work.

EDIT: Sorry for DOUBLESZZZZ

It's easy to say all the features, but not to script them